• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking to redo my 73 Charger

I agree with some here, i think your money would be better spent on another car with better bones, than pouring your money into something that has a lot of rust and rot. Just remember, there is more rust you cant see under that paint. So, there are a few cars out there, you will have to go and get them, so here ya go,

this would be a much better starting place for a build.
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/denver-1973-charger-se/6948510339.html

Another one that isn't that expensive
https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/louisville-dodge-charger-se-1974/6945151222.html

What's your budget for a driver?

BB required?

a swap meet acquaintance of mine recently sold a nearly identical car in GREAT shape other than paint but in "Aztec" gold with an Aztec interior for $5500.

There's a member on here that bought my 74 sunroof charger I think he's trying to get $6000 for it's rust free and is super nice
You could mad Max your car ! Get us some better pics of that frame rail you might get lucky and just need to fix k frame pull the 318 out it's super easy .
The dash harness is the $$$ one the rest are cheap
Post some more pics of car
Sadly it might not be worth saving!

Thank you all for the links to other cars I appreciate it. There’s a few tempting ones in there, especially the white one in Seattle! I think budget to get a good rolling car is around 5-6,000. I’ve got more time then money right now, so putting the car back together sounds great, just not having to purchase part after part after part. End of the day I don’t want to put more then 15 into it, it’s just not worth it in the end. I’ll post some more pictures here in a second

61F6D4F3-D204-48A4-BB58-99189072AD5F.jpeg
3E7CA849-9DBD-481B-9783-E3014B358BF6.jpeg
329CA74A-2BA1-4125-A530-FC90156B4758.jpeg
65822ECC-F2A0-465F-8C98-0D3B5C827329.jpeg
B0DAD171-B56F-4106-A198-9B8D1A1894D3.jpeg

Here’s my thoughts on it. You already own the car. With the rust I’m seeing, it’s not worth that much if you tried to sell it. If you’re willing to try your hand at some body repairs, what better car to try it on? It can’t get any worse. I’d shoot for a 20-footer and do as much yourself as you can. As long as it runs, drives, and can pass inspection, who cares.

Honestly that’s kinda what I was thinking... I am in the understanding that it will never be a show car, but I’m gonna get next to nothing if I try to sell it. I just want to make it that 20 footer that runs, stops, and sounds nice I guess

Honestly that’s kinda what I was thinking... I am in the understanding that it will never be a show car, but I’m gonna get next to nothing if I try to sell it. I just want to make it that 20 footer that runs, stops, and sounds nice I guess

No shame in that :thumbsup:

If this was a year and model that was super sought after and highly collectible then it’d be a no brainer, but yeah I mean it’s a bare bones 73 lol, not many people knockin doors down for that elusive 150 hp 318 lol. The next target though is to do it affordably and keep the process well thought out so I don’t waste money on mistakes

I wonder if that Seattle car is a factory 360 car?

The partial VIN doesn't make sense.

If it has PW and Cruise, it could be a pilot car or oddly optioned sold car.

Auto Transport Service
Back