• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Love

JimKueneman

Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

I am an old Mopar fan from childhood but grew up, went to school, got married, had kids… well still have the kids. My teen years in the early 80's centered around my Blue/White '69 Sport Satellite Convertible with a 383, 727 and 4:11 gears. I loved that car… I know the odds of ever finding it are virtually zero but it was an odd duck. It was a 69 but it had a 70 front clip with the vacuum air grabber hood on it. Has anyone ever seen it floating around central New York?

That said I am now sniffing around looking at finding similar version. I am stuck on finding the Sport package convertible with power windows and AC as my old car had as well (plus I live in southern arizona so the AC is manditory). The small differences in the Sport package over the base (console, bucket seats, the full chrome trunk insert for the recessed area of the trunk) really make it something different to me. How difficult will it be to find such an animal? I am not looking for a show piece, I want to be able to drive it without worrying about getting a rock chip on the under carriage paint :^)

I have seen prices (both Sport and base) in the $20k to $30k range with full restores in the $50k range but have not found exactly what I am looking for. I am not a stickler on matching numbers and such it just needs to be a solid body and drive train. Any advice on what I should expect in finding such a car and what would and the expected fair price be is welcome.

Thanks,
Jim

Welcome years ago I seen one thought it was a rr at first until I talked to the owner it was blue with white interior but it was in bad shape only one I have ever seen. Good luck with your search

Welcome, It's amazing to me how "connected" the guys are here on this forum. They'll help you find what your looking for!

Hi Jim, welcome:wav:

What a coincidence...years ago I bought a 1970 Sport Satellite that had a '69 front clip...

Welcome. I'm a new member here also. So far this is the best forum (people) out there. I wish you luck on your search. I was lucky enough to find my old car (my son did) but the guy that has it now is less than friendly.. Good luck!! Mike

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

good luck with your search for a 69 Sport Satty vert

Welcome from long island n.y. I got my eyes out for ya . Know where a sweet 70 satty convert is, but not sure my buddy would part with it _DSC2360.jpg

Stop teasing me that is the same blue mine was. What color is that?

I stumbled across this post and figured I'd better post that my car is not for sale before MOPOWER871 sells it out from under me. LOL

It's Jamaica Blue aka B7 Blue

I was going to trade it for some swamp land in Florida with him :)

I keep drooling over that photo. That Blue and White top/interior just set that body style off….. If you ever want to sell it I am here. It would have a good home in the dry rust free southwestern desert for sure!

If that swamp land is anywhere near the Garlits Museum it would be a done deal.

If that swamp land is anywhere near the Garlits Museum it would be a done deal.

I got a nice place on 3.5 acres about 35 mins from the Garlits museum for sale cheap! 55k. 3 bed 2 bath. lol

Welcome from one Southern Arizona Mopar guy to another. All the best finding your old car!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back