• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost oil Pressure

Craftsmen screwdriver you can put a box wrench on the handle. The wrench would an inch or more for a large screwdriver.

I couldn't get it from the top. Screwdriver, long needle nose. Tapped it out through bottom with 1/4" extension and it wasn't easy. Shaft was fine.. I got 80psi oil pressure with priming rod. Cranked motor over by hand a few times and primed more until I saw it come out rockers on both sides. Now I got to go find top dead center and get the distributor back in.

20211029_184105.jpg
20211029_191311.jpg

It would be a good idea to clean the intermediate shaft until it's shiny and then put a little oil on it and it should go back in easily.

Hows that bushing? Drive should slip in when you put it back in. If it doesn't come out with a screwdriver you need to find out why.

Bushing looked fine. I cleaned up the shaft and oiled it and it slid in there pretty easily. Hopefully no more oil issues.

That motor must have been sitting for quiet awhile. Old oil can act like glue. It turn's to gunk. Glad you got it out and oil is now coming up into the head's. If it where me I would run that motor for a while and get it hot. Then dump the oil and change the filter and oil. Just me. Good luck. :thumbsup:

It looks to me like the rockers have some carbon buildup. Likely the intermediate shaft had some as well. It probably has some blowby coating everything.

Auto Transport Service
Back