• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

low oil pressure rebuilt 77 mildly built 360 La engine

thanks very much interesting trick gonna have to try that one lol ill keep ya posted!! :icon_salut:

:help:hi jeff chris here was wondering if you had a part# for your hyd, brake bleeder cant find one here under 150 bucks ,also if you had any ideas as to were to by one used or one that will work new under sa 60 bucks thanks chris:eusa_think:

bleeder

:help:hi jeff chris here was wondering if you had a part# for your hyd, brake bleeder cant find one here under 150 bucks ,also if you had any ideas as to were to by one used or one that will work new under sa 60 bucks thanks chris:eusa_think:

Chris

I purchased the bleeder at a garage that was going out of business 40 yrs ago.
The unit I have you pressurize with shop air.I will do some checking around to see if I can find something that is reasonable.

Jeff

I don't want to start a war here but if some would read the origional post in it's entirety,you wouldn't suggest things like upside down rocker shafts and missing galley plugs.The motor has 4K miles,ran fine for the first 2K,would have had a problem a long time ago.Almost all the conditions mentioned usually indicate bearing problems.

If you do what was suggested on pressure testing,you will see where the oil is going.

On a side note,I would get rid if the Fram filter !!

Bbody, I hope you still have the oil pan off! While there, I would plasti-gauge the rods and mains! A bad cam bearing is unlikely to loose that much pressure. But the bottom end......! I know you said the motor was pro-built. "Trust, but verify!" ,is my motto!

Chris

I purchased the bleeder at a garage that was going out of business 40 yrs ago.
The unit I have you pressurize with shop air.I will do some checking around to see if I can find something that is reasonable.

Jeff
THANK YOU JEFF I FOUND ONE WITH A PUMP HANDLE NEW AT NORTHERN TOOL BUT I CANT AFFORD IT RIGHT NOW!!:edgy:

Bbody, I hope you still have the oil pan off! While there, I would plasti-gauge the rods and mains! A bad cam bearing is unlikely to loose that much pressure. But the bottom end......! I know you said the motor was pro-built. "Trust, but verify!" ,is my motto!
THATS A VERY GOOD PIECE OF ADVISE SCOTT THANKS SO MUCH I WILL GET A PLASTIC FEELER AN CHECK IT OUT PS PANS NOT GOING BACK ON TILL YOU AWSOME PEOPLE RUN OUT OF SUDGESTIONS OR I FIND THE PROBLOM CANT BEAR TO WASTE A GREAT MOTOR TO MUCH IN IT NO TO GO DONT CARE ANY MORE LOL THANKS SCOTT!!:icon_salut: :VB toast:

i don't want to start a war here but if some would read the origional post in it's entirety,you wouldn't suggest things like upside down rocker shafts and missing galley plugs.the motor has 4k miles,ran fine for the first 2k,would have had a problem a long time ago.almost all the conditions mentioned usually indicate bearing problems.

If you do what was suggested on pressure testing,you will see where the oil is going.

On a side note,i would get rid if the fram filter !!
ok thank you, lol sounds like great advise im just having trouble finding a pressure pump for the test, would you have any sudgestions? Thanks chris

Bad as I hate to say it, that sounds like rod or crank bearings, but very well could be the filter....you can make a cheapo pressure tester with one of the hand pump garden sprayers- take the spray tip off and hose clamp a tube on with a 1/8 npt fitting to screw in the block- make the hose long enough to get around - pressure it up and pull the trigger when you ar ready to watch

bad as i hate to say it, that sounds like rod or crank bearings, but very well could be the filter....you can make a cheapo pressure tester with one of the hand pump garden sprayers- take the spray tip off and hose clamp a tube on with a 1/8 npt fitting to screw in the block- make the hose long enough to get around - pressure it up and pull the trigger when you ar ready to watch
well i was saving that for last but if it is bearings, it is what it is, im gonna try that garden sprayer an if it shows excessive oil loss im gonna tear it down thanks for all your support ideals an the big boys weighing in hope to meet some of yaw someday!!

Thanks to u all for my oil pressure,engine solution

well i was saving that for last but if it is bearings, it is what it is, im gonna try that garden sprayer an if it shows excessive oil loss im gonna tear it down thanks for all your support ideals an the big boys weighing in hope to meet some of yaw someday!!

well fugly you one the round:yourock: the oil pressure problom YOUR RIGHT,:headbang: ONE SAID 318 BEARINGS AN 360 CRANK DIDNT HELP ANY LEST MY TOOLS OFF A BIT,ONE ALSO SAYS I HAVE 318 PISTONS IN A 360 BLOCK??? CAN YOU EVEN DO THAT/, TO SO SAD??? I LOOKED AT CRANK AN ROD BEARINGS THEY WERE GROOVED REALLY WEIRD AN A FEW WORE TO COPPER!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TALKBACK AN SUPPORT!!

Without seeing the bearings, it's just a guess, but it sounds like dirt in the nine to me

Auto Transport Service
Back