• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made In America Time for a Revolt!

Many older B-bodies have leaky windshields at the bottom corners. In my case the windshield delaminated and there was a rust hole in the dash about the size of a quarter that was encroaching on the VIN tag. After repairing the dash I went to buy a new windshield and faced with the following choice - you can have a domestic replacement or a China replacement, both have the Pentastar logo, the China glass is a little thicker and provides a better seal, the price is the same.

Which one would you buy?

I like that sign pops :icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

After the obama reign of terror is over I say we hit the rest button and make the gooberment give incentives only to company's that are willing to have it made here. In the SF bay area here they built a new section of bridge between Oakland and SF a huge chunk of the steel was fabb'ed in china, it was the most disgusting site to see our state transportation division take out tax dollars and fly to china and throw them a BBQ party costing $130k. I have yet to use that bridge.

Americans not only need to revolt but to ban together. You can't expect the middle class to go to war over overseas manufacturing when the corps are sitting there laughing about it while counting their trillions. Get the promise of "American Made" from all the US corps and the people will follow otherwise you are destine to fall to presidents like obama.

If the republicans fall to immigration reform then expect the poor to inherit the country and turn it into a slum. We need democrats that will back the reform an not cave in to racism crap.

After having spent the past five months working in a local factory, assembling trains for the Houston Metro Rail, one thing I will say is that each and every one of us American workers took a lot of pride in the work we did putting these trains together. Those who didn't either bowed to the peer pressure of making quality job one or were run out because we wouldn't tolerate a lesser attitude.

It's one of the reasons we didn't get along with the Spaniards in the factory. Hack, cut, and smash is no way to build something

my brother did an interveiw with the owner of WEATHER-TECH floor mats. he is dead set on AMERICAN MADE. he says he dosent import anything. employs about 300-400 people and growing. real nice product. based out of boilingbrook, il. USA

my brother did an interveiw with the owner of WEATHER-TECH floor mats. he is dead set on AMERICAN MADE. he says he dosent import anything. employs about 300-400 people and growing. real nice product. based out of boilingbrook, il. USA

I've put those in the last 3 cars I've had... good to know!

Many older B-bodies have leaky windshields at the bottom corners. In my case the windshield delaminated and there was a rust hole in the dash about the size of a quarter that was encroaching on the VIN tag. After repairing the dash I went to buy a new windshield and faced with the following choice - you can have a domestic replacement or a China replacement, both have the Pentastar logo, the China glass is a little thicker and provides a better seal, the price is the same.

Which one would you buy?
I would call the American Company and tell them what you just mentioned, then tell them get your act together. Then buy American anyway.

my brother did an interview with the owner of WEATHER-TECH floor mats. he is dead set on AMERICAN MADE. he says he dosent import anything. employs about 300-400 people and growing. real nice product. based out of boilingbrook, il. USA

yup. and they had a HELLUVA great commercial during the Super Bowl.

[video=youtube;7wTJwiPWb6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wTJwiPWb6I[/video]

I just read Wrangler, Lee & Levi's are made here & overseas, not exclusively USA or Overseas... can't believe brands labeling or the patches on the clothing anymore either...

- - - Updated - - -

I do like Carhart stuff, durable as hell, but expensive as hell sometimes too... been getting mine from Tractor Supply lately they have had great prices, not sure if it's just exclusive to Sonora store or if it's a national thing....

Try Sierra Trading Post. They sell a lot of seconds, but most of the time you can't find the flaw. They tend to sell Carhartt for half the price. Unless I have to get fancied up, I only where Carhardtt. Nothing better, and worth every dime.

- - - Updated - - -

After the obama reign of terror is over I say we hit the rest button and make the gooberment give incentives only to company's that are willing to have it made here. In the SF bay area here they built a new section of bridge between Oakland and SF a huge chunk of the steel was fabb'ed in china, it was the most disgusting site to see our state transportation division take out tax dollars and fly to china and throw them a BBQ party costing $130k. I have yet to use that bridge.

Blame Reagan and HW Bush. Reagan lowered or even removed the tariffs on foreign products, especially to China. The steel industry started moving overseas during the Reagan era. My entire family was steel. We lived in Michigan, Ohio and Western, PA. None of those factories or companies (J&L Steel) exist. US Steel is now USS and they get most of their revenue from energy (They bought Mobile in the early 80's). Now my old man is living in Mobile, Alabama working for a smaller American steel company. I worked in a textile mill that closed it's doors in 1992. The tariffs on foreign textiles allowed American companies to compete with the cheap Asian products. When the tariffs were removed, the US textile industry disintegrated. It's nothing like it used to be and I my blame goes all the way to Reagan. Every politician since then has just held the line.

[video=youtube_share;KcjlYyAPw88]http://youtu.be/KcjlYyAPw88[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/usa-made/american-made.aspx[/video]

Which one would you buy?
No brainer....domestic! It doesn't take much know how to seal up a wind shield.

You always have to read the fine print. The website makes you think everything is made in the USA. First off, these might be a great product (I never tried them), but they're not cheap at $14 a pair (if you buy more than 2). I can buy a pack of 5 Hanes or Fruit of the Loom for that price, yes all imported. But as you can see from Duluth Trading, what's the difference???

"Buck Naked" ultra-light performance briefs dry fast, fight odor

Men's briefs are 93% nylon/7% spandex “diamond” knit
Wicking performance – drier than cotton briefs
Ultra-lightweight, stretch in all directions
Antimicrobial treatment resists odor when you sweat
Quick to dry – just rinse out and hang overnight when you travel
Superior comfort and support on the job
Double-brushed wide waistband for extra comfort
Imported (my highlighting).

Just sayin.......

[video=youtube_share;KcjlYyAPw88]http://youtu.be/KcjlYyAPw88[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/workwear/usa-made/american-made.aspx[/video]

[video]http://www.unionlabel.com/[/video]

Buy Red Wing boots. Just be careful, some are made in China. I just hope they are not moving all production there.
West coast shoe company's boots are the best American made.... unless you never wore a pair... expensive American quality has gone out of favor for cheap junk because Americans can't see past the moment.... in a few decades no one will remember American made other than a few of us with our hoods open cussing about it.

I am as blue collar as it gets so miss me with the patriotic band wagon stuff. I am America and one of the guys going to work making a world for all of the middle men to live in and profit from. That said I have been pretty disappointed with quite a few engine components that were made right here in the USA at well over three times the cost of the Chinese knock off. It really sad actually. I don't make excuses for anybody when it comes to workmanship especially precision engine parts. When I gladly pay a 300% premium to keep some of my blue collar brothers and sisters working I don't expect the bolt holes to be off over .100"

While I agree that the Chinese rip off of our intellectual data needs to be stopped I also think we need to step it up as a country to at least compete in product quality as the rest of the globe slowly catches up.

I too work in a factory producing quality made in the USA products. Our products are used throughout the world in the power generation market. Personally I too read labels and will pay extra for for product made here. My wife and I absolutely refuse to shop at Walmart. I can't remember the last time I went into a Walmart store. I can't stand how they run their business and fill the shelves with Chinese crap.

Time to revive this thread. Here lately I'm finding more and more auto parts made in other places like Mexico or Canada and even Italy....better than made in China I suppose but it's getting harder and harder to find auto parts made in the states. Recently I went to Academy to get a new Old Smokey and didn't see any. Maybe it's too late in the season for them to stock them but they are made in the Houston area so getting one won't be a problem. Besides, grilling around here is a year round thing.

It doesn't say that on my 68. Times have changed. It's often difficult to tell what's really American and what's not. I remember a few years back they passed a weak law dictating how much of a product had to be produced in the USA. I believe part of it had to do with material and production. Even a lot of the Made in America stuff isn't all made here. We've really sold ourselves down the river and it seems as though we'll never get back up stream without a c/w movement that's more than just talk. We produce some of the finest products in the world and the best quality when we focus on it.

One of the things that really gets under my skin is the intellectual property theft openly propagated by the Chinese. Their not the only ones - but they're the most prominent ones. Or they just reverse engineer our products. That or outright steal the designs. Makes me sick - and we saw this coming years ago but have just never bee. Strong enough against it.

For the Canuck above - Canada is a North American country and a close brother. I never feel any regret about buying Canadian. I know they buy a lot across the border as well as at home. They've been hurt by this whole mess as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back