• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made In USA Thread

Four years ago I bought a Korean brand refrigerator LG. Paid $3k for it. Broken down with the major components twice. Never buy another Korean appliance either. From now on if I can I will be buying something made in the USA like GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire etc. bring it all back home to the mainland please. Foreign made stuff is junk!
Have they (GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire....) moved production back to the U.S? Years ago they moved out the last of them to China.

I bought something recently and was surprised to see made in USA on it but dang if I can remember what it was....

I've been buying stuff from gaspumpheaven.com in Nebraska. They are repops of globes, pumps, signs etc., but it's made in the USA. They have really nice stuff. Heres a little about them -
In 1990, Gas Pump Heaven, started out as simply just a hobby. Making parts to restore the old pumps that had been acquired for reselling or putting them on display.

In 2006, Gas Pump Heaven, launched its website to reach a broader customer base outside of the wholesale market with astounding results. Expanding its boarder of sales outside of the continental United States and reaching customers in Australia, Canada and Eastern Europe.
Since then, Gas Pump Heaven, has become the largest manufacturer and distributor of reproduction gas pump parts and accessories, with gross sales of over $1 million dollars annually.

Gas Pump Heaven’s products are manufactured in the United States, with no outsourcing, to maintain the highest quality possible on all our products.

I just picked these up today.

00576B99-C589-4EC8-B520-72736A6BFA7E.jpeg 6CDC7741-2E80-48D1-A91B-89B8CFC70116.jpeg

My Summit delivery today contained lots of "Made in USA"

IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG

And I like buying these!

IMG_0705.JPG

If it's anything like here I still would be cautious...sometimes "Made in Great Britain" can actually mean "Assembled" in GB...with the items being imported from China or wherever as parts (almost in kit form) and just put together here and a "Made In GB" sticker slapped on it. This is mainly done to get around import taxes.....but how many buyers think that it's a British product?

Have they (GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire....) moved production back to the U.S? Years ago they moved out the last of them to China.

I bought something recently and was surprised to see made in USA on it but dang if I can remember what it was....
My brother bought Kitchenaid appliances and they say right on them made in the USA. Google told me GE products were made here. Don’t know if that was accurate but I will do a better search next time. Bottom line is we need to bring things back to our shores. I would buy Japanese but that’s about it from Asia.

If it's anything like here I still would be cautious...sometimes "Made in Great Britain" can actually mean "Assembled" in GB...with the items being imported from China or wherever as parts (almost in kit form) and just put together here and a "Made In GB" sticker slapped on it. This is mainly done to get around import taxes.....but how many buyers think that it's a British product?

Isn’t there a percentage threshold of how much is produced domestically in order to claim “made in” whatever country? Either way at least you are spending money to support your country as much as possible by buying product that are made there.:thumbsup:

IMG_20200528_173419920.jpg

Made in the USA, not assembled in the USA using foreign and domestic parts. IMG_20200528_173403962_HDR.jpg

Gentlemen, shall we raise our glasses in unison as a salute to men like Popcorn Sutton, and Jack Daniels ? :)

Woohoo!!! Purchased something this week made in USA (EUA is Spanish for USA). Anyone else want to post a "surprise" purchase like this? Let's keep it going.
Date and Location: July 2020, Sam's Club, Mexico
Price: Who cares? Want to invest my $1,200 tax relief check in the right places.

View attachment 981958 View attachment 981959
Yet you live in Mexico.

download (17).jpg

My 2 gallon glass jug from Target is made in USA.
Maybe the sand came from Mexico though? :usflag:
E52C7CA0-49AF-4CC7-8A57-25A7D584EABE.jpeg

Frigidaire could be made here or in Mexico but is owned by Electrolux, a Swedish company.
GE is made here but is owned by Haier, a Chinese company.
Whirlpool products (and other brands) in the US are made here and is a US company.

Last edited:
Frigidaire could be made here or in Mexico but is owned by Electrolux, a Swedish company.
GE is made here but is owned by Haier, a Chinese company.
I knew GE dumped their appliance division but didn't know it as still made here.....

Auto Transport Service
Back