• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 wheels

pjm8047

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of used 14 in mag 500’s with center caps and trim rings with radial tas from $200. They’re 14x6 with 5x4.5 bolt pattern 3699331 mopar part number all they need is some paint. I currently keystone classics they look good but a pain in the *** to put on because they have a universal bolt pattern . Will the mags fits right on my 71 rr with ease?

Your new wheels have trim rings? Then they are called road wheels. Magnum 500’s are the chrome rim version.

Yes these are a direct bolt on wheel you will need acorn lug nuts for these wheels. No uni lug hassles like on the keystones!

Last edited:
I never thought my Keystone uni lug were a pain, with the correct lug nut, get the 1 started and all good. For me about the same as getting the 1st hole lined up on a non uni wheel. Just my opinion. I still think Keystone Classics are one of the best looking wheels on most Mopars.

Your new wheels have trim rings? Then they are called road wheels. Magnum 500’s are the chrome rim version.

Yes these are a direct bolt on wheel you will need acorn lug nuts for these wheels. No uni lug hassles like on the keystones!

3358895A-207A-4E99-906B-74F5379A70D7.jpeg

Thanks didn’t know about the name change. I believe after 70 they changed it when the trim ring was added. I found out that the wheels were made in 1976 for the valore last year for that style wheel.

"Magnum 500" is actually the manufacturer's name for those wheels.

Motor Wheel Corp.

They were also sold aftermarket by that name.

Being the wheels came off of a volare or aspen i was wondering if there is any differences in the wheel from previous year road wheels? The reason i ask is because the part number is a different number then previous years. Did some research the difference between this the f bodies came with 10in drums

Thanks didn’t know about the name change. I believe after 70 they changed it when the trim ring was added. I found out that the wheels were made in 1976 for the valore last year for that style wheel.

The road wheel (with brushed trim rings) were optional from 69 thru 79. The 76-79 wheels used on the f bodies were 5.5” wide.

With the part number 3699331 says that the wheels are 14x6 . Unless im wrong. Cant see rim size without dismounting the tires. Anyone have a 76 parts manual?

The road wheel (with brushed trim rings) were optional from 69 thru 79. The 76-79 wheels used on the f bodies were 5.5” wide.
Doing some research the last year for that wheel was 76. I was looking at all the dealership data books and not seeing it past 76.

768CB172-E6B1-4FBC-A19F-1CE267592B2B.png
Doing some research the last year for that wheel was 76. I was looking at all the dealership data books and not seeing it past 76.

Research this 79 Volare sales brochure. “5 spoke styled road wheels.”

This prime example was on display at this years Chrysler at Carlisle in building T. A3285E88-9C90-4101-9E3A-4CE957311B0A.png

Last edited:
View attachment 981976

Research this 79 Volare sales brochure. “5 spoke styled road wheels.”

This prime example was on display at this years Chrysler at Carlisle in building T. View attachment 981978
Oh nice thanks! My bad . Just found this. Maybe that wheel was only available in 14x6 after 76. I wonder why they didn’t use it for 1980 last year for volare.

DAC16EDB-A5AE-4778-99F0-63E301536672.jpeg

Were these Magnum 500 the SAME as what were offered by Ford, thanks, don t Ford and Mopar have the same bolt spacing..41/2 inch.

The ford wheels are always 7” wide. 14 and 15” Chrome rim and trim ring type. Ford had trim ring wheels with painted Spokes. Ford wheels have the ford oval stamped in the backside rim edge where the balance weights go.

Chrysler only had 14x5.5” 14x6” Wide with satin chrome spokes.

They will bolt on to either make of car, the centers are the same for wheel mounting. Some early chrome magnum 500’s from ford had small hole centers so you cannot mount a mopar center cap retainer in the center hole. Found this out the hard way.

Thanks r413 ,that helps a lot with us mopar newbies. So, the Magnum 500 wheel was sold to both Ford and Chrysler as OEM wheels for certain period of time and stamped as such. Now made and sold as aftermarket or replacement wheels for each , depending on exact specs for each....thanks for sharing that....

GM and AMC as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back