• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum Force Suspension "Don't Do It!"

I'm still not a fan of that outer tie rod spacer and long bolt. After all of these years, they can't make a spindle with a dropped arm to avoid that cantilevered tie rod connection?
Those are the little things I notice as well, doesn't look well designed.. like they don't have access to a machine shop:realcrazy:. I helped bolt one together and wasn't impressed with the use of button head bolts either.

Since QA1 bought out Gerst, they increased the prices on their suspension kits from 40-50%, and that is outrageous!!! I was going to buy the Gerst Sweptline Dodge truck kit when I still had the '68 D100, but when I was ready to order, I saw they had sold out to QA1 and noticed the insane pricing. I expressed my dismay to QA1 about the crazy price increase, and never got a reply. Surprise, right?

MF is local to me. Always felt that I’m not worthy. Like me, he needs a haircut. These old B Bodies handle pretty well with some Bilsteins etc not needing the full boat coil over etc IMO.

Those are the little things I notice as well, doesn't look well designed.. like they don't have access to a machine shop:realcrazy:. I helped bolt one together and wasn't impressed with the use of button head bolts either.

no button head bolts on mine . never mad ein schina either , a lot nof posts from people that have never actuall run one , that being sai

no button head bolts on mine ! I dont have a problem w/ the tie rod spacer , to me the rack-pinion needs to be a little lower to have the tie rods actually straight w/ the steering arms .
to the poster that quoted chinesium , ur like a bunch that comment on something u know nothing about .
I f it werent for having to go back to tie rod tube pan for 9 qt capacity or no ground clearance , I`d go back to the torsion bars too !

Last edited:
no button head bolts on mine . never mad ein schina either , a lot nof posts from people that have never actuall run one , that being sai

no button head bolts on mine ! I
Sober up and try posting again tomorrow.

1 laugh 2.jpg

no button head bolts on mine ! I dont have a problem w/ the tie rod spacer , to me the rack-pinion needs to be a little lower to have the tie rods actually straight w/ the steering arms .
to the poster that quoted chinesium , ur like a bunch that comment on something u know nothing about .
I f it werent for having to go back to tie rod tube pan for 9 qt capacity or no ground clearance , I`d go back to the torsion bars too !
I helped a friend bolt one together so no I'm not talking about something I know nothing about and yes it did use button head bolts.. maybe they quit using them since then? I just stated observations and agreed with Kern Dog, it's not ideal and I don't need a rebuttal for stating facts.

Sober up and try posting again tomorrow.

View attachment 1135081

gotcha , this p,c is dying , as I SPEAK !!
I helped a friend bolt one together so no I'm not talking about something I know nothing about and yes it did use button head bolts.. maybe they quit using them since then? I just stated observations and agreed with Kern Dog, it's not ideal and I don't need a rebuttal for stating facts.

ur facts arent my facts , 10yrs use goes a long way over just bolting one on , not to say I would do it over again tho , the stock stuff handles better than this set up , no doubt !
Hope this comes thru like I typed it this p.c. changes stuff at random .

MF is local to me. Always felt that I’m not worthy. Like me, he needs a haircut. These old B Bodies handle pretty well with some Bilsteins etc not needing the full boat coil over etc IMO.

The moved to Nevada a little over a year ago even though they still list their Campbell address. That location was completely vacant when I stopped by with some problem parts that I ordered. I would go into my issues with them but I am sure that you have heard it a million times over.

Auto Transport Service
Back