• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum Force Suspension - Took My Money

• Thread starter Deleted member 5394
  • Start date
AGREED! Carl Gerst, who I met at the nats in Ohio when he was just getting going with his products, IS someone I'd trust with my life, because THAT IS exactly what you are doing when you install some of these systems! RMS seems to be a good product, but hasn't there been a few people who have had upper rear shock or strut mounts break??
Anyway, I would have liked to have rack and pinion steering, but I have concerns about the stresses put on the frame and other components that are designed for torsion bars, AND I just recently read (and looking at it I believe it) that the torsion bars add some strength and stability to the frame components at large.
That's one of several reasons why I went with QA1
That’s why you weld in US CarTool subframe connectors and torque boxes and also their inner fender braces. When you’re going that route you go all in or half assed. And one of those choices will determine what happens to you car in the long run. Magnum force is pure garbage. But I agree, RMS or Gerst all the way.

That’s why you weld in US CarTool subframe connectors and torque boxes and also their inner fender braces.
:thumbsup:
The USCT fender braces will happen when I have the chromoly steel roll bar installed, along with the J bars in the inner fenders, tied into the rollbar through the firewall OR possibly to plates welded on the firewall.
That is going to be part of the prep for when my BME 541 stroker motor goes in.
Along with the front and rear torque boxes, and subframe connectors, I also had inner and outer front spring hanger reinforcement plates put in.
:bananadance:
20200707_125633.jpg
20200707_125651.jpg
20200707_133151.jpg
20200707_125739.jpg

:thumbsup:
The USCT fender braces will happen when I have the chromoly steel roll bar installed, along with the J bars in the inner fenders, tied into the rollbar through the firewall OR possibly to plates welded on the firewall.
That is going to be part of the prep for when my BME 541 stroker motor goes in.
Along with the front and rear torque boxes, and subframe connectors, I also had inner and outer front spring hanger reinforcement plates put in.
:bananadance:
View attachment 980243 View attachment 980244 View attachment 980251 View attachment 980253
That’s definitely going to turn out great! I always use USCT. John’s a great guy and products are quality and on point.

Does anyone feel that there is a need to use both the inner fender braces and a J bar when running a Alterkation front end?. I have the usct frame connectors,inner fender, torque boxes and front radiator support installed already (64' Polara) but starting to wonder if j bars would also make sense or just be over kill?.

Does anyone feel that there is a need to use both the inner fender braces and a J bar when running a Alterkation front end?. I have the usct frame connectors,inner fender, torque boxes and front radiator support installed already (64' Polara) but starting to wonder if j bars would also make sense or just be over kill?.
I have a similar question, and it's important for me to get feedback on this topic.
My buddy HEMI-ITIS had suggested getting the J bars installed, he has them, but his go on the "outside" of the inner fenderwells to the front frame, and many others have them on the inside of the inner fenders, and in some cases have tabs welded to them for mounting "elephant ears" or motor plates (same thing??).
Anyway, THIS "round" of massive add ons, mods, systems installed, etc for my Roadrunner has TREMENDOUSLY improved the stiffness and stability of my frame and suspension, as I went from factory stock to: USCT subframe connectors, front and rear torque boxes, and inner and outer front spring hanger reinforcement plates.
My "plan" was to add the USCT inner fender braces, radiator cradle support, and the J bars as part of my "prep" for installing the 541 stroker. I'll probably have to put some kind of blow proof bellhousing in for my own safety or peace of mind, and likely upgrade the clutch disc and pressure plate, if the set I have hasn't already been replaced by then.
So in my case I have a QA1 tubular K-member and front suspension, which uses the factory torsion bars. I'd like to know with all of the USCT support parts I already have, and the addition of the USCT fender braces and radiator cradle brace, and what I expect will be a close to 700 HP and Torque motor, should I have the J bars too? Or if the J bars are a must, are the USCT inner fender braces redundant or still helpful and recommended?
Thanks!

Well, i think that I can answer my own question,lol. I been looking at my car with the hood off for so long as i work on it that i didn't really take into account for the hood springs. I don't see where there would be enough room on the firewall to mount a set of J bars on a 64' when still using the hood springs. I'll call Reilly's motor sports and confirm that the inner fender braces are all that is needed.

Auto Transport Service
Back