• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum GT on Feebay

XS22J8R

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Not mine.
This one looks interesting if anyone is looking for a fairly complete looking project. The fender flares in good shape it has are near impossible to find. It would be nice if it had the original rally wheels, and the seats don't look original. GTs rarely turn up for sale and E58 was the best engine option available in 79, so hopefully someone buys it and restores it back to original!
1979 Dodge Magnum | eBay?

Last edited:
This car is only going to get worst the farther you dig into it
And I would love to have one myself ( T tops would be mandatory to make me think about one )

magnum.jpg

Rare B body! Definitely should be cared for. :)

The Jersey tag explains the rust issues. My Charger is from there, and I had the same outer sheet metal rust. However the floor and rails were perfect. That one might be the same.

There's another one further down the page for sale in Maryland. $1900 is the current bid. It's a 78 GT with a factory sunroof, 400ci, floor shift automatic, what appears to be a factory tach & comes with a needed parts car 78 XE that has the proper GT rims on it. It doesn't look too too bad.

I was looking for a Magnum GT when I stumbled across my new '79 Chrysler 300 on the showroom floor in September 1980.

I really liked the Magnum GT flares and tried to get some in 1981. They were already NS-1, as well as virtually all '79 300 specific pieces. Within a year they were NS-2 and NS-3. Dang, thanks for the support Chrysler. Yeah, I know they were in financial trouble.

Anyways, back to the Magnum in the OP. One of the more humorous things over on FCBO is the exclamation of "HOSE!" when someone posts a car picture. It's amazing how many car sales pictures have a garden hose lurking somewhere nearby. It's also amazing how many people don't vacuum out their car before posting a picture. That can be a separate thread. :p

HOSE!!!

s-l400 (66).jpg

Another interesting thing about FCBO is the members' level of interest in Magnums and '79 300 cars. Much higher interest than here.

I was looking for a Magnum GT when I stumbled across my new '79 Chrysler 300 on the showroom floor in September 1980.

I really liked the Magnum GT flares and tried to get some in 1981. They were already NS-1, as well as virtually all '79 300 specific pieces. Within a year they were NS-2 and NS-3. Dang, thanks for the support Chrysler. Yeah, I know they were in financial trouble.

Anyways, back to the Magnum in the OP. One of the more humorous things over on FCBO is the exclamation of "HOSE!" when someone posts a car picture. It's amazing how many car sales pictures have a garden hose lurking somewhere nearby. It's also amazing how many people don't vacuum out their car before posting a picture. That can be a separate thread. :p

HOSE!!!

View attachment 1431397

Another interesting thing about FCBO is the members' level of interest in Magnums and '79 300 cars. Much higher interest than here.
We can thank Iacocca for that. He couldn’t get rid of the “Old Chrysler Corporation” inventory quick enough. I heard a story from a guy that worked at the Delaware parts depot. He said they shipped rail cars full of E body quarter panels and fenders off to scrap. By ‘85 there wasn’t much left. I never liked that guy.

Text from the eBay description:

So where do I begin? This is a genuine 1979 Dodge Magnum GT! Out of 25,000 Dodge Magnums produced in 1979 only 1679 had the GT option! This car also has the very rare E58 360 which only about 583 were made in 1979. So for this car to have the GT package AND the E58 engine puts this at about 1 of around 300! I have nice new reclining seats and a new carpet. I have had the following parts replaced on this car:
New shocks
New brake lines
New Holley 650
New electronic ignition (doing away with the Lean Burn system)
New tires
New rims
New water pump
New radiator
New battery
New steering box
New high torque starter
Rebuilt 727 torque flight non lockout trans
New STAINLESS STEEL Magnaflow dual exhaust
New leaf springs

Factory CB radio
Owners manual
Clear title

HOSE!!!

View attachment 1431397

Yeah, wait till the water dries on the car and see how bad the paint is.

Well, I hope someone loves it enough to save it. His price is fine for a driver.
That car was done over once already, bondo shows on some of the pictures I doubt the paint is factory.
A very nice giant rubber mat in the trunk hides the trash condition of the trunk floor.
I have seen better condition cars in the salt belt for less money. He seems to be hyping the rarity, but then if you could drive it home that counts for something. New exhaust system probably cost him almost a grand.

HOSE!!!

View attachment 1431397

Funny, I bought a 300 in 1991 while I worked at Koller Dodge. I was able to buy wheel centers, trim rings, fender louvers, tail lights, the emblems under the 1/4 glass new from Chrysler. The only thing that wasn’t available was the grille but I found 2 using the dealer locater.

Not mine.
This one looks interesting if anyone is looking for a fairly complete looking project. The fender flares in good shape it has are near impossible to find. It would be nice if it had the original rally wheels, and the seats don't look original. GTs rarely turn up for sale and E58 was the best engine option available in 79, so hopefully someone buys it and restores it back to original!
I drove this car years ago when it was in Kentucky. It had side pipes on it and the original GT wheels. Just didn't wow me enough to buy it.

Not mine.
Peek-a-boo. It showed up again, but on Facebook this time.

Post in thread 'The Under 10K for sale thread' The Under 10K for sale thread

Auto Transport Service
Back