• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making away like a Bandit!

426HemiCharger

Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
What sort of cool parts have you picked up at the Carlisle show this year? Let's see what was available this time around for the MoFans who made it. It wasn't:santa: for me but I got a cool unrestored cigar lighter, a $10 Woodgrain wheel, and a vacuum canister to replace the one I gave to Ronni Steves. (I'm a sucker for girls who love MoPars):edgy:but which one of us isn't?:rolling:

I scored on a clean Power Bulge hood. Also, I got a nice and clean, non-dented front bumper core for my '69 Bee ($40.00) Couldn't beat either deals with a stick! I'm happy! And stoked to be there next year with the completed car. [/B]

What sort of cool parts have you picked up at the Carlisle show this year? Let's see what was available this time around for the MoFans who made it. It wasn't:santa: for me but I got a cool unrestored cigar lighter, a $10 Woodgrain wheel, and a vacuum canister to replace the one I gave to Ronni Steves. (I'm a sucker for girls who love MoPars):edgy:but which one of us isn't?:rolling:

Did I read that right???? A woodgrain steering wheel for $10??? Holy Crapola!!! got a pic of it?? Willing to sell it to me for $20?? :rolling::rolling::tongueflap:

Did I read that right???? A woodgrain steering wheel for $10??? Holy Crapola!!! got a pic of it?? Willing to sell it to me for $20?? :rolling::rolling::tongueflap:

Well yes it is for $10, but hey I never mentioned the condition.:grin: It is Rusty, has a split and 4 cracks. It was a steal because a repop is $750 shipped and to restore this bargain is only $515.

Well yes it is for $10, but hey I never mentioned the condition.:grin: It is Rusty, has a split and 4 cracks. It was a steal because a repop is $750 shipped and to restore this bargain is only $515.

Aww, that's just surface stuff...hows about $35?? :rolling::rolling: You did do pretty well there, Charger!

Are you serious:confused: If so I have to decline but if I ever come into another one I'll let you know. Unless you have an original S81 wheel with a blue horn pad, Dodge horn button and adapter in good condition, I simply can't say yes. I'm genuinely sorry.:(

There's what went down. I walked over and picked up the wheel. I told the guy: "so $25 for this?" because it had a sticker marked with $25. and out of the blue he said: " Here, I'll do $10" so I gave him a $20 and I got my change and I walked off thinking I just bought the worse wheel ever and I was an idiot for even bothering.

I called Mike from "Steering Wheels by Mike" and he told me that I could get it restored for $515 or buy an instock restored wheel for $800. So wow I saved $275.

Are you serious:confused: If so I have to decline but if I ever come into another one I'll let you know. Unless you have an original S81 wheel with a blue horn pad, Dodge horn button and adapter in good condition, I simply can't say yes. I'm genuinely sorry.:(

Naw, I was only kidding with that ridiculously low offer!!! :)

Oh, good I thank you for that. I would sell it for $100 if it were for sale. I feel so dumb.:rolling::rolling::rolling:

The dash lights on my 70 Road Runner don't work. This is the thumbwheel version which is hard to find and pricey when you do. I found a dimmer switch in good shape for $5, and later picked up a metal bezel with an even nicer dimmer switch plus the wiper and washer switches for $20. I'm a happy guy. My brother scored a pair of front fenders for his 71 Road Runner. He needed a driver's side badly and wanted just that one but the vendor said "take'em both for $100". The passenger fender has some issues but is repairable. Great deals!

Oh, good I thank you for that. I would sell it for $100 if it were for sale. I feel so dumb.:rolling::rolling::rolling:

email my buddy rod he can restore it for way cheaper then 500.00

[email protected]

tell him i sent ya he will hook you up

P6300019.JPG

P6300020.JPG

P6300021.JPG

P6300022.JPG

P6300023.JPG

I have restored two steering wheels myself, Ford three spokes for Falcons over here, which are the same style as early 70's Stangs over there. It's not as hard as you might think. The main problem you'll have, if you don't do it correctly, is the cracks will reaapear as they formed in the first place at the wheels weakest point, which will forever be weaker now that you've filled it with some kind of filler like bog (I think you call it bondo). The trick is to source a metal filler, that stuff cures rock hard. Also be aware that it may shrink over time and again cause cracks.

Imitation woodgrain can be made by dragging a file randomly over the outer ring just be careful that it looks like woodgrain and not like some crazed lunatic has attacked it.

If it's going to cost you $500 to have it restored why not have a crack yourself first and if you don't like it then send it off to get done properly, it will only cost you the $500 you were originally quoted but you may learn a thing or two along the way and realise 'hey, this aint that hard!'

Well I'll take you up on your offer Stuart. Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to drop him a line.

Auto Transport Service
Back