• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making progress

good looking work.does your welding helmet have the dial where you can adjust the shade?

Yes it does, was a bargain it think at like 62 bucks or something

I had read the first few pages of this thread a while ago, just had to start at the beginning and read it all. I was so drawn in, couldn't stop. Like it was a new best seller. Your tenacity is inspiring. Have a buddy that just finished a 15yr resto mod on one of those gm favorites, he only had friday nights to work on it. I decided at my age I'd better buy a driver than a project. I had a 12x25' carport put up and enclosed 3 sides of it it for my car because the town wouldn't let me build a 16'x32' "shed" anywhere on my property. Luckily I had a cement pad next to my garage that was deeded as a carport, so that's where it went. I was wondering how much work I'd be able to do in it but after reading your story I have hope that I can do anything I need to. Your car looks awsome and you should be very proud of it. Hope you don't have to sell it unless you want to. Eagerly awaiting updates. :)

Sneak in a pic of the car I am working on right now. This was the car as I bought it a while ago.... for cheap money.. it is a true z28

Attachments

• P1010142_detail.jpg
    P1010142_detail.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 388
There is one of those for sale, or was in a local small village around here, i had a 79 once 20 years ago and traded it for a mig welder, no engine/trans with it :) it was in no way close to the shape yours is in (looks good), needed a complete restore and a guy stopped by and said he wanted it, good deal for me, i just wanted the trans in it for another car i did and sold. Around here if one says Z28, insurance automatically gos up, my son had one and sold to raise his daughter, not very good on gas, his i mean..

So... the Plymouth is at the shop all summer and they call me and tell me it died on them.
The distributor is shot.. MSD billet ready to run.. has like 300 miles on it and is a little over a year old.. I haven driven the car all summer havent seen it in forever...
So its 120 and 2 weeks MSD for the rebuild and he is pushing the car in and out of his shop so I have to get it taken care of asap and end up buying a new one to give to him to stick in and will repair the old new one on my own. its 83 for the module from MSD..
Car isnt done yet but the bearings are done and all the has left it to hang the tail pipe and I can have my car back....

The z28 is about ready for paint, still blocking some if it down. Not going to be a show car but isnt a hack either and its good practice for the mopar. Hope to have it in black early next week or on saturday.. we'll see.

The tent is about done sad to say. the wind has finally had its way with the roof of it and the side walls were trashed by the mini twister long ago now.. hahahahaha its been a good unit though and had not for the initial devastation might be still in good shape today. Learned a lesson on staking them down :)
So I hope for last hurrah in the tent to get the Z back in black...LOL

UPDATE !

Car is back from the shop and running tip top, sounds great but the way its running is pheonominal.. or how ever you spell that...LOL BuT I am looking to sell as I found a Plum Crazy Bird that I really want. I would like to get 6500 for this car, I think its a fair price but will listen to offers. Its mechanically sound. everything underneath is new with the exception of the rear end gears/diff/bearings. Sits awesome with the hd leafs and hemi torsion bars .. all new everything underneath.. did I say that yet? 67 GTX seats is just about pristine condition, the Painless Performance Wiring harness although in place has been cut to length yet, the correct rally dash frame is in place and I do have the gauge bezel and guages including tic toc tac.. You can see whats been done to the car in this thread but I have a chance to get a 71 Road Runner that I really want and need to sell this in order to do it....

oh say it ain't so! you've brought that car so far. hate to see you let her go, but you gotta go for what you really want.

Well it's ok as long as I can get what I want. The car has come a long way and is a good driver for someone looking for a project thats almost complete. Takes a lot to bring a car back and i'm sure you know that...LOL
Its so much more than just the bodywork to restoring a car. Most of its been done to this one.
Someone needs to by it though, I'd like to get that roadrunner

Auto Transport Service
Back