• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man on the Moon! July 20, 1969

I worked for a company who designed the phenolic heat shielding for John Glen return capsule. Ctl aerospace

Another event with no TV would have been 14. At least it was televised. Nothing like the first orbit of the earth.

I worked for a company who designed the phenolic heat shielding for John Glen return capsule. Ctl aerospace
We will never know the extent of the collaborative effort to do this. Nothing we can't do in the USA.

I remember seeing the moon landing on television, at my aunt and uncles house. They lived right next door to me. I still live there to this day. Those were cool times, Chargers Road Runners, and lots of other cool cars being built here in America, by Americans!

And, true American were buying American cars.
Today "true Americans" buy foreign cars, under the guise of "they are made here".
(and the $$ goes back to Japan & Germany)

Treasonous!!

I hope nobody on this forum drives a foreign car!
MoPar or no car!!!

One Kennedy swore to put a man on the moon, and another swore he didn't put a woman in the river. Oh the irony

Maybe going to mars is next as a cool fun effort to explore? Maybe not.
Going to the moon was a huge gathering of the whole country in a-- backyard party-atmosphere-- kind of fun with living together with and sharing an adventure.
I was 18 years old and remember clearly how much fun it was to be a part of that party. It calmed my thoughts and fears formed of the Russian-Cuba issue that was also a big deal in those days.

The USA came together in a big way in WW2.--admittedly there was motivation to come together for the good of the whole. (that was an effort that far exceeded the moon landing).

Today any big (potential) community gathering/ adventure like this is spoiled by an angry and crippling division that is festering in our country. Backyard neighbors today have fences much larger than they had in those days.

I don't intend to lead this thread to be banished to the "political" corner. I am just letting my mind remember what I grew up with and how I felt about it at the time.

All I'm saying is the divide in the country --in those days was --IMO-- a healthy mix that enriched all of us for the good of all of us.

Today the divide is crippling. --How can we explore and grow together -as one effort- when we are in fact expending all efforts at an internal battle that is backstabbing ourselves as a daily mission.

Currently, I see no daylight for our country that would lead to adding gates to the backyard fences that have been built. Just what will it take for us to live and die for the guy next door?

What I sadly see is the need for another huge catastrophe that will grab and shake every citizen back to reality.---It is shameful and creepy.

It's called Assimilation. Common goals and values. Some don't have that.

One Kennedy swore to put a man on the moon, and another swore he didn't put a woman in the river. Oh the irony

One died from a bullet through his brain and the other from a malignant brain tumor.
:eek:

And, true American were buying American cars.
Today "true Americans" buy foreign cars, under the guise of "they are made here".
(and the $$ goes back to Japan & Germany)

Treasonous!!

I hope nobody on this forum drives a foreign car!
MoPar or no car!!!
Last I checked Chrysler is based in Italy.

or just replace God Bless America to
God save/bless the Queen :carrot:Monarchy
pretty, much the exact same thing...

George Carlin
He was a devout atheist & a devout Liberal,
a funny comedian most the time...
His later years he wasn't that funny...

Was at the EM club NAS Jacksonville
watched the whole thing.
What a historical event !!!!

I have heard rumors of a future maned Mars mission. In its present context those going will not return.

I have heard rumors of a future maned Mars mission. In its present context those going will not return.

There have been many "one way trips" in human history.

I'm not sure what this posting of crude, stupid "humor" has to do with the original thread of possibly the most singular greatest accomplishment of man's ingenuity...but to each his own.

A moment that we remember where we were, what we were doing. I was in California at the time, watching on a portable black & white TV.

I nominate a an all liberal team led by Bernie Sanders!

Auto Transport Service
Back