• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual Steering Box

67 GTX

Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone out there had their manual steering box rebuilt? Mine has a leaking seal, and it's been adjusted to it's max and it's still somewhat sloppy.

Any companies to recommend/stay away from?

Had mine rebuilt by FirmFeel as well, they have upgrades you can have done to it. I just had a stock rebuild and couldn't be happier. Think it was like a two to three week turn around (with shipping) maybe be less depending on where you live.

Find a local shop, I just had a Ford power steering box rebuilt by a place five miles from me (I never knew they were there) it was sloppy and leaking, 24 hour turn around and made it feel like a firm feel box, cheap too.

Has anyone heard of/used Benchwork Steering Systems?

Firm feel is good! Cut corners in other areas. I am sure their are a zillion rebuilders out their but this guy does this with 100 percent accuracy! You never get complaints on this guy. Did my Hemi box and it came back perfect with the 20:1 upgrade.

Auto Transport Service
Back