• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive fire in Langley destroys garage with 40 collector cars inside

DODGER

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
before
img_5219.jpg

after
autos-feuer.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/news/3824014/...-destroys-garage-with-40-antique-cars-inside/

If it was a Chevy it can be replaced. Kills me that guys will spend another $50K on a car but never think of spending that money on fire sprinklers.

The 40 collector cars consisted of mostly GM products, with prized possessions like a ’61 Chevy Bel-Air Convertible, a ’68 Camaro, and six Corvettes among the collection.

I would rather see six Corvettes up in smoke than one A body.
But that's me.
I'm not saying either is "good" choice.
But in a binary way.

65 Plymouth. Says Golden Commandos on the side.

can you say sprinklers ,what were they thinking?

He just sold em all to the insurance company...

Dang.. what a loss of a Nice Mopar.. that Nomad Pontiac was nice looking too..

Tough crowd! Guys, if there wasn't Chevys and Fords, who would Mopar one up? Sad day for an obvious car guy. Insurance, sprinklers, etc. aside, it's a shitty incident.
I don't have sprinklers in my shop. But, I may have to look into it.

Insurance should cover it. Now days.....the claim would probably be worth more than the cars.

Wait a minute. He doesnt think he or his wife could be more upset than if they lost a child! Am i reading this right? Obviously this F-ing asshole never lost a child. F him and his cars

The downside to keeping so many cars under one roof.....

If it was a Chevy it can be replaced. Kills me that guys will spend another $50K on a car but never think of spending that money on fire sprinklers.

This exactly.Guy spends 3 million on cars,another 1/2 million on the shop (if he built it new) and he doesn't spend another 20K or so to install a fire system.Typical Chevy bozo.,more money than brains.

Come on, guys, cut them some slack. I don't think they are saying losing their cars is worse than losing one of their children or even on par with it.

As the article stated, Cassidy has always been a, "big car guy". Furthermore, referring to the cars, Cassidy said, "They're like our children". He was just trying to express how deeply he and his wife feel the total loss of their entire collection of classic cars in a way non car guy can empathize with. If you only view cars as a means of transportation and nothing more then you could not possibly understand how this couple feels right now. But, everyone, even the childless, can understand how a parent would feel about losing a child.

Sometimes when you lose everything dear to you God is trying to get your attention.

Auto Transport Service
Back