• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MATSLV. 2023. March 17-19

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Former Mopars at the Strip. Vegas. A whole month before Spring Fling this year. March 20, Dodge is supposed to introduce the 2023 9 second Last Call Car at the Speedway.

CE7371D2-E129-4E22-9A99-02637F142878.png

Last edited:
May need to get registered. The actual show last year was a disappointment. Lack of entries from all three companies. The drag area was packed though. People were complaining about the coast of fuel to get there but there were three standouts against that. One gent pulled two cars, can't remember if they were RR or GTX, from Florida on his open trailer behind his diesel Ram. Another gent DROVE HIS DAYTONA through the snow/rain/muck from Colorado to be there. A Youngblood from the Dakota's drove his just done turbo'd bb wagon there just for the show.
Phil did his part on putting on a great show but he has no control over entries. It would be nice if those that are within a days drive show up to participate but I get it if it's not within the budget. I'll get myself entered. You going Dennis?

Tentative. May cheat and bring modern muscle.

Just had a thought and checked to verify. Looks like the same date as last year which fell on our anniversary, St. Patricks. 32 years together. Will probably abstain since I was in LV last year at that time. I did find a great pub on the west end of Tropicana that was close to the condo.

It was great when it was molars at the strip but when they decided to open it up to muscle cars thinking they would triple the attendance it went to ****

I'll be there racing my modern muscle car, Challenger Scat Pack 1320. My '64 Polara will not make as the better half won't be going and my '55 Coronet is not ready for the drags yet.

EV‘s cause a nauseous condition for me. Read with caution.
Final Dodge Last Call model debuts March 20
I think I am going to be out there with my business center to support this, but not sure? I sure hope so. All I know is my boss said we needed to get flights for Vegas in March. Have to verify the dates tomorrow. If this corresponds with this unveiling and the drags and show, I'll do a backflip. May not survive but I'll video it. Lol

Last year health problems made me a spectator. I plan on being there this year and drive my 63.
Won't be racing anymore.Just having fun as a cruiser.
EV‘s cause a nauseous condition for me.
I'm not sure about where any of you live but round here EV's are everywhere .
Tesla drivers feel they don't have to adhere to rules of the road (just my opinion)
Usually busy looking at the dash screen instead of the road.:mad:
OK rant over. Back to your regular scheduled program.

I understand the Dodge final reveal is Monday the 20th, the day after MATS. Regardless I'll be there for both events since I only live about 100 miles away. RRDon

"Our blessed Lady of Acceleration, please don't fail me now!"
-Elwood Blues

However I will not be buying my tickets in advance using their on-line program. The last two times I did my credit card got hacked immediately afterwords.

It was great when it was molars at the strip but when they decided to open it up to muscle cars thinking they would triple the attendance it went to ****
Right there with you. The Mopar aspect of this show has gone to **** when they shifted it to "Muscle Cars at the Strip" and invited Ford & Chevy entries. Over priced swap spots with less foot traffic. My last show was 2017 when I moved out of Las Vegas back to Ohio. If I was still living in LV I would be hard pressed to vend at this show anymore.

from what i understand they had No choice to rename it Musclecars because chrysler was threatening lawsuits over using the the term Mopar..

Guy running it lost his Chrysler Franchise back in the dark days, but still wanted to sponsor. Named Painter I think. Utah.

Yes,Painter Sun Country in St.George. Lost their dealership after 50+ years.Was no longer allowed to use the Mopar name.
What went on can not be discussed here.
This was around 2009-10. Court battles lasted 10-12 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back