• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MATSLV. 2023. March 17-19

I try go to this most years. Last minute and spectator only due to total costs involved for me and the location. But I try and spend a decent amount with the vendors and at the track to support those who keep these events for our hobby going. Heck yeah it was fun back in the day when it was pure Mopar. But even with the addition of Chevys and Fords etc. this is still an awesome and uniquely American muscle car event. Lots of neat cars and people. And these fine people actually use and lovingly abuse their cars. It’s great to see drivers and racers hammering their cars especially with this hobby becoming so expensive.

One of the casualties of the rising values over the last 5 years is that I feel like you see less and less Mopars at the shows on the streets and race tracks. Can’t blame people when some of these cars are equal in value to a house.

I don’t know the guy other than passing by him in the parking lot, but I really commend Phil Painter for his dedication to keeping this event going. He takes a lot of blame for changes and even the weather and other things beyond his control. And he remains dedicated and positive. COVID sucked and I’m glad this show did not die. So many shows and swaps have shrunk or even died off. Not easy to keep our hobby alive and the race tracks open. No EV for me, but the opportunity to attend the Dodge Final Reveal / Roadkill Nights Event on the west coast is once in a lifetime. I hope to make it down and I hope others can too.

I wish I had taken a photo of Phil with the T-shirt he had on.It was a big bullseye on the back ! He does take allot of crap and most of it is out of his control.
What he has to put up with from the Speedway alone,I would have given up years ago. I have been a volunteer for MATS the past 17 out of 21 years.

Any of you guys going,look for me and my primer 63 in the "Project Car" area.
I plan on going as a participant this year. Got my fingers crossed that I can make it.

Checking in Friday morning. Brought the econobox to avoid the "atmospheric river".

Well today was a bust for me.On the way home I lost a rear axle bearing. $215 to get towed home.
Oh well. Having fun costs money.

Auto Transport Service
Back