• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge rods

Bill76

Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
Were max wedge rods anything special ? I ran an ad on craplist and a guy called me to sell max wedge rods I told him I just bought a new set of rods and didn't any more. well about 60 seconds later I thought they might be some special or rare $$$
Did mopar use anything special and if so what would I look for as far as part number.
Thanks for any info.
Bill

There are two different max wedge rods that I know of. They both utilize heavier beams than your typical LY rod, which is almost everything Raised Block. Neither of the max wedge rods are as heavy as a six pack rod tho. Rare is a funny term...…, they can be found, but they are not just lying everywhere, if that helps you in your quest. Casting numbers; 2406395 is the earlier heavy rod, and 2406886 is the stage III rod. Part numbers are 2406394 and 2406885 respectively. HTH, Lefty71

Last edited:
See if this helps...

Connecting_Rod_Chart.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back