• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge Scoop On A 65 Coronet?

RustyRatRod

Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have a max wedge scoop on a 65 Coronet? I'd just like to see what it looks like. Thank you drive through.

how about no scoop on a '65 coronet. my personal opinion, hood scopes on early b-bodies is a wore out theme. but, it's your car and your call.

Attachments

• 100_0002.jpg
    100_0002.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,194
how about no scoop on a '65 coronet. my personal opinion, hood scopes on early b-bodies is a wore out theme. but, it's your car and your call.

I can look in the driveway and see that. I really like the Hemi scoop, but I just wanted to see the max wedge scoop.

this is what i'd do if i wanted one. if the hood you have now is in good shape don't cut it up. there are no sheet metal replacements and good sheet metal is worth something. i'd get a glass hood with the scoop you want. also, you might look at the 65 a/fx scoop; it's a little different than the s/s scoop.

That's a good idea. I gotta good steel hood. Ain't no sense in cuttin it up. I'd be glad to trade it to somebody for a fiberglass one. I like the S/S scoop though. The other one is too damn tall.

heres one for a comparison. white 65 dodge with a max wedge scoop. raced with NENDRA. i did not like the way it looked but he was the best racer in NENDRA for 2 years.

Attachments

• NENDRA lebanon valley 65 blue dodge 012.jpg
    NENDRA lebanon valley 65 blue dodge 012.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 992
Here is my take on it. I think the original size Maxie and Hemi scoops look awesome on the 62 to 65 B-bodies. That said I like certain ones best on the ones they came on. So yea I think the 65 Coronet looks best with the stock size Hemi scoop but the thing is neither scoop is very tall at stock height so they look ok on many cars because you dont have this big gawdy ugly scoop showing as you just see a small nice scoop.

I think the Hemi scoop looks best on the 65 Coronet but the Max Wedge scoop really would not look bad on it at all. Here is a pic of my 63 and my buddies 65 Coronet with the stock original scoops on both but honestly if we swapped hood scoops I think they would both still look good. If you go with no scoop it kinda gives it a sleeper look to me. I did not have a scoop on my 63 for about the first 3 years it was on the road and I did not want to cut my stock steel hood as it was in good shape. I got lucky and got a glass hood for $100. dollars one day and I had the scoop already as my buddy gave me a 63 Maxie scoop since he owed me a favor. And it was like my buddy said.......as he said once you put the scoop on your car to have a friend drive the car down the street as you look at it and as he said once I saw it with the scoop on it there was no way it was coming off. Any way good luck on which ever way you decide as you cant go wrong either way. Ron

cool63765.gif

Yall are right. I do like the S/S Hemi scoop best. That's what came on them.

i'm not a hood scoop guy, but i agree with 383man. i prefer the year specific scoop for the car. the one scoop in my opinion that looks awful on an early b-body is the 6-pak scoop.

i'm not a hood scoop guy, but i agree with 383man. i prefer the year specific scoop for the car. the one scoop in my opinion that looks awful on an early b-body is the 6-pak scoop.

Yeah damn...now I gotta go vomit. Thanks.

a fiberglass lift off hood is a real plus if your anticipating any high maintenance. race weight hoods probably aren't the best for street use but i think some fiberglass shops do make reinforced parts for street use.

a fiberglass lift off hood is a real plus if your anticipating any high maintenance. race weight hoods probably aren't the best for street use but i think some fiberglass shops do make reinforced parts for street use.
We are in full production of all the Max Wedge & Hemi scoops at this time and we brace all our hoods for race and street use. 3 different sizes of Max Wedge and 2 different sizes of Hemi scoops, and they are all bolt on and have studs hanging down for E-Z Mounting. We are Sled City.

We are in full production of all the Max Wedge & Hemi scoops at this time and we brace all our hoods for race and street use. 3 different sizes of Max Wedge and 2 different sizes of Hemi scoops, and they are all bolt on and have studs hanging down for E-Z Mounting. We are Sled City.
can you post some pic's?

359.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1965-dodge-coronet-426-wedge.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Barracuda style
dodge65coronet4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

My personal pick

65-Dodge-Coronet-Landy-DV-10-MB_09.jpg

You can go to my web site and go to the customers gallery , and every car in that gallery has my scoop in it.

What is the lead time on a scoop. Would like to get a '67 Hemi scoop.

I agree on the period correct scoop for the car. The 6 pak scoops seem to only look ok on the 69 1/2 or 70 or so that they came on.

here is one from back then

Attachments

• CarShow006.jpg
    CarShow006.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 967
Auto Transport Service
Back