• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 426 street wedge.

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
What are the fender tag codes for a 65 street wedge? A friend I trust has put me onto a 65 plymouth hardtop with a bigblock, dual quad (I KNOW that's not stock) and a four speed. Estate sale. I don't know how much the son knows about his dad's car. Might be 383, street wedge, or 440. I don't know more, at this point.
I would like to know what a 426 wedge 4speed fender tag should look like.

From the For Sale ad's

1698441622326.png

FOR SALE - 1965 Plymouth Satellite 426-s

Thanks Jeff!!. I'm in AZ, car is in ca, I know very little about it. Pics my friend sent show a nice looking 65, that has been sitting a while. Originality will determine if he's asking enough, too much, or just right.
Assuming AB is engine, trans code?

Thanks R/T Boy 67! That's what I needed to know! Car appears to be medium maroon. Do you maybe have a paint code?

Just out curiosity, does it have a front sway bar?

Car appears to be medium maroon. Do you maybe have a paint code?
I think TT-1 is the only code for a car you could call "red" in '65. No maroon or other variations AFAIK.

Sway bars pretty few and far between in those years. Police/Taxi 4drs and some HP 2drs.
My '65 426 AT car had one, my '65 383 cars didn't.

I think TT-1 is the only code for a car you could call "red" in '65. No maroon or other variations AFAIK.
I looked at the pics my friend sent again, more closely. It is definitely a custom paint job
Kinda looks like a bronze/gold above the belt line, and a medium maroon below.

Sway bars pretty few and far between in those years. Police/Taxi 4drs and some HP 2drs.
My '65 426 AT car had one, my '65 383 cars didn't.
All 426 Street Wedge cars came with sway bars and 11” brakes same suspension and brakes that came in the Police Package.

Got a pic of the fender tag. 61 under AB. 383? Definitely a real 4sp car, 3 under D. Currently 440 dual quad motor, running as of six years ago.

Thanks guys. That's what I thought.
Mind you, I have NOT laid eyes on this thing. From pics, nice interior, clean under hood, decent looking paint. (Rear unknown, but I'll bet 8 3/4), 440 dual quad 4 speed
Asking 20k. Thoughts?
(It's a hardtop. If it was a post sedan I'd be all over it.)

Last edited:
$20k for a big block running car of that era that is not rusted out, sounds like a deal from a friend or relative.

Auto Transport Service
Back