• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mean Green the Time Machine

That’s awesome!
If you are running 3:23’s, if I remember correctly the road test guys back then, ran about the same number’s. I do have those magazines in my archives. I think that is an LL1 paint you have,beautiful colour. Our 66 Charger was a LL1, which went California in 2004. 383 auto, lots of miles ran high 15’s if I remember correctly.

I did switch it out to 4.10 and it helped with 60 ft. 2.01 on redline bisa tire was not bad for a 100% stock suspension that is tired . But the weak valve springs hurt rpm 4800 was all it would muster I at least have a baseline many changes are coming all will be period correct factory or mopar parts . I want to see what a well tuned 383 can really do most people overlook this engine.

If you are running 3:23’s, if I remember correctly the road test guys back then, ran about the same number’s. I do have those magazines in my archives. I think that is an LL1 paint you have,beautiful colour. Our 66 Charger was a LL1, which went California in 2004. 383 auto, lots of miles ran high 15’s if I remember correctly.
Thanks it is a sweet color and thank you for your input .

I like the 383 over the 440. Revs better, because there’s not as much mass. Use to be cheaper because it’s not the all mighty 440. They’re less picky on fuel, or at least the 2 I had were.

I like the 383 over the 440. Revs better, because there’s not as much mass. Use to be cheaper because it’s not the all mighty 440. They’re less picky on fuel, or at least the 2 I had were.
they just give up so much cubic inches for a heavy motor - I had a 12.5:1 383 with .590 MP purple shaft cam. Broke a rod, took the cam out, and heads off and put on a pump gas 440 and the 440 was faster with 8.0:1 compression. This was in a drag set up and MPG wasnt a concern :)

to the OP I love following this thread....thanks !

Looks like fun, I took my stock '66 383/4bbl convertible to our track, it went 15.88 @ 88 MPH

IMG_20181012_191814887.jpg

The Colorado tags that are way back on post #12 are the series from roughly 1985 through 1992. Plates in CO stay with the registered owner. It's odd the seller (assuming he had this registration) let that earlier series go with the car

Nice Plymouth, BTW!!

I have a Goodyear tire store receipt from 1982 and the plate number is listed so it was on there then . The car was bought from the original owners estate and they were going to scrap the car they did not care at the time and a neighbor bought it and listed it on Craigslist and the Craigslist add was posted here on b bodies and I saw it and bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to Michigan. But thank you for your input that is good information this car was ordered and it was the original owner pride and joy .

The Colorado tags that are way back on post #12 are the series from roughly 1985 through 1992. Plates in CO stay with the registered owner. It's odd the seller (assuming he had this registration) let that earlier series go with the car

Nice Plymouth, BTW!!
Thank you for your input I really appreciate the information.

Thanks that is a sweet coronet I wonder how many 66 b bodies were made with the 383 ?
This car is 1 of 134 (drivetrain) and is highly optioned - 323 sure grip, power package, light package, clock, wood grain wheel, bumper guards, tinted glass (no A/C) front & rear seatbelts w/retractors, remote mirror . . . and I almost forgot, power windows too. I had Galen Govier research the car, it was special ordered and not sold at a dealership. He could not decipher the sales codes though. I found a pic on the internet of an identical car in some sort of promotional parade on the drag strip at the 1966 Winternationals at Pomona. I believe it is the same car - it was built with California emissions and in the pic you can see a CA black plate on it (you can't read it unfortunately - I was disappointed to say the least) When I restored the interior I found some damage that I believe could have been caused by what people do in cars for parades such as standing up on the sills and sitting around the edge of the top well when the top was down. So far I can't prove anything, I'll post the photo later if I can find it.

This car is 1 of 134 (drivetrain) and is highly optioned - 323 sure grip, power package, light package, clock, wood grain wheel, bumper guards, tinted glass (no A/C) front & rear seatbelts w/retractors, remote mirror . . . and I almost forgot, power windows too. I had Galen Govier research the car, it was special ordered and not sold at a dealership. He could not decipher the sales codes though. I found a pic on the internet of an identical car in some sort of promotional parade on the drag strip at the 1966 Winternationals at Pomona. I believe it is the same car - it was built with California emissions and in the pic you can see a CA black plate on it (you can't read it unfortunately - I was disappointed to say the least) When I restored the interior I found some damage that I believe could have been caused by what people do in cars for parades such as standing up on the sills and sitting around the edge of the top well when the top was down. So far I can't prove anything, I'll post the photo later if I can find it.
if you haven’t contacted the Chrysler Historical Society, I suggest you do . They should have all the information on your car.

I got the IBM card from them, they did not supply any other information.

I got the IBM card from them, they did not supply any other information.
A few years ago I got information on where the car went, and how i was built. No IBM card. Sent the information to Jon Gibbs, he decoded everything and sent the IBM card with all other information.

Photo I promised - It's the lead car, you can see it has the 383 4bbl fender emblems - the second car has the V8 emblems. Probably 318 or 361 powered.

558314_3814017342180_152143422_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back