• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mean Green the Time Machine

Who is Jon Gibbs?
Jon is [email protected] is extremely discrete, I think he charged 45.00 many years ago.
He spescializes in decoding 66-7 Chargers and will do other 66-7 b bodies. Has a young family so is quite busy. An upstanding fellow. We personally met him at the Charger 50th in Detroit.

Went for a ride today pretty nice out colors are popping.

5010186D-95C9-4ECE-A7A5-56F1E463CEFC.jpeg

Ok so the next step is I’m going to rebuild the engine and see if I can get this thing to go faster I’m not doing a stoker or anything like that no MSD box I’m going old school factory parts I will balance and blueprint but no aftermarket carburetor or intake let’s see what a stock appearing car can do.

DFC921B5-C967-42D1-BB44-FDAF6A9AB6A4.jpeg

Edelbrock dp4b, hooker headers, a 440 avs, or a holley 3310, and can’t remember the cam suggestion is what the old direct connection book says

For a distributor I use Mallory, had a unilite on my car, it crapped out and went with my spare trusty trunk dual point. Eventually I might put factory electronic ignition, but for now my points works.

Edelbrock dp4b, hooker headers, a 440 avs, or a holley 3310, and can’t remember the cam suggestion is what the old direct connection book says

For a distributor I use Mallory, had a unilite on my car, it crapped out and went with my spare trusty trunk dual point. Eventually I might put factory electronic ignition, but for now my points works.
Sound like some good and hard to find parts there .

I just got done with the rear suspension overhaul new 3800 pound super stock springs set pinion angle and new poly bushings all around.

E621AFFC-AE87-4180-B050-F3D6360BDAC1.jpeg

5B913008-03B0-4490-8F11-63D0F0101FDF.jpeg

The edelbrock dp4b comes up every now and then. If I’m not mistaken the performer took its place. I was in the same boat with my gtx, I wanted the ch4b, or the Weiand action plus, couldn’t find either cheap, found a good deal on the performer, it is what it is sometimes.

Well it’s the one year anniversary for the time machine that was fast !

68F20711-6CA8-4F8B-980D-BC21FE48C866.jpeg

8519BC1B-1BB0-436D-B915-060F30C76DE9.jpeg

3ABD3EE4-62F8-4DC1-919C-076AB71153E0.png

Getting ready to pull the engine and do a rebuild this winter balance and blueprint new secret cam from Mr. Six pack racing . I’m thinking of using 915 heads , I just pick up a pair and I have a 67 Carter afb from a real GTX ! I want to stay old school and stock appearing with old stock NOS parts .

Nice I sell lifters new old stock if you need some for your build , my 383 is smoking and has a lifter tic that comes and goes 58000 miles and sat for forty years it's time ..

I got the block back from the machine shop I had it decked and bored the deck was off about 7 thousands from end to end . Everything is going to be checked the plan is to build a vintage 67 spec super stock class car and by vintage 67 I’m mean only using parts / casting numbers that would have available and legal and if at all possible.It will be tuff and I may have to use a few things that are from another time period . One of the main reasons I’m choosing 1967 is the tires !! I have brand new 1967 spec 7x29 super stock legal 7” cheater slicks which fit perfectly in the wheel wells of the Time Machine….

I can’t wait to try these tires they are made for a new super stock class , and they should fit nice inside the 66 b body wheel well plus these guys are sticky like glue ;)

752ABD4B-0153-49CB-A32B-EE89453AA2CA.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back