• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum 71 GTX

60's cars are becoming unobtainable, so now money is starting to flow to other generations. The only recourse for people that don't have Leno or Oprah money is to start buying newer generations of classics. Wait and see: the 75-78 Charger SE will be commanding big auction bucks in a few years...

FullSizeR(5).jpg

FullSizeR.jpg FullSizeR.jpg

He bought it from Tim Welborn done. He worked all the drivability problems out of it.
Do you know what he paid? I know that Welborn is NOT a cheap place to buy a car. Their reputation precedes them, though. I go on there and daydream. LOL

Do you know what he paid? I know that Welborn is NOT a cheap place to buy a car. Their reputation precedes them, though. I go on there and daydream. LOL
Not sure, but he bought the 3 Mopars at the same time from him. Apparently Welborn was dead on on what they would bring as he broke even and got what he expected for the GTO.

Not sure, but he bought the 3 Mopars at the same time from him. Apparently Welborn was dead on on what they would bring as he broke even and got what he expected for the GTO.
Musclecar investing is a tricky market unless you've had them for 30 years.

The prices that T/A Challengers and AAR Cudas are bringing blows my mind. To think that I bought an AAR Cuda in 1990 for $5,000 and pulled the 340 for a 383. I ended up using the 340 in a 1972 W200 4X4 with 44 inch mudders. I painted the Cuda orange and sold it a few months later.
Young and stupid!!
The AAR and TA 340's bring more than a Hemi in some cases.

E-bodies are still crazy. B-bodies have platued. A-bodies?

Yes, I actually have a rare B body!!! And it runs on....hold your breath....GASOLINE!!!! OMG!!!!
My E-body build. Why DOHC? Because a Chevy friend once asked. "If hemi's are so great? Why aren't all engines hemi?" Truth? Multi valve engines are better. Honestly, you're not qualified for an opinion here "Iron" Its beyond you. As is the newest techs on the block
Electric.

ZomboDroid 27072020230012.jpg

My E-body build. Why DOHC? Because a Chevy friend once asked. "If hemi's are so great? Why aren't all engines hemi?" Truth? Multi valve engines are better. Honestly, you're not qualified for an opinion here "Iron" Its beyond you. As is the newest techs on the block
Electric.

View attachment 1064559
I have been turning wrenches professionally since you were winding up your "alternative" cars.
download (24).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back