• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum 71 GTX

My E-body build. Why DOHC? Because a Chevy friend once asked. "If hemi's are so great? Why aren't all engines hemi?" Truth? Multi valve engines are better. Honestly, you're not qualified for an opinion here "Iron" Its beyond you. As is the newest techs on the block
Electric.

View attachment 1064559
That's an ABOMINATION!!! MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!

My E-body build. Why DOHC? Because a Chevy friend once asked. "If hemi's are so great? Why aren't all engines hemi?" Truth? Multi valve engines are better. Honestly, you're not qualified for an opinion here "Iron" Its beyond you. As is the newest techs on the block
Electric.

View attachment 1064559
PS Get them tires UNDER the car!!!

20180824_193029.jpg

Mopar or anyone doesn't make big enough? Or outrageous enough. 904 ci. Hemi back halved. 1200 HP on pump 91. So suck it up buttercup.

Mopar or anyone doesn't make big enough? Or outrageous enough. 904 ci. Hemi back halved. 1200 HP on pump 91. So suck it up buttercup.
If all that you're making is 1200 HP with a 904 ci. Hemi, you're doing something wrong!! 2 hp for every CI. is standard for a radical build!!

If all that you're making is 1200 HP with a 904 ci. Hemi, you're doing something wrong!! 2 hp for every CI. is standard for a radical build!!
Good luck with your Briggs and Stratton? That's 1200 HP stock? Add boost? I'm afraid to ask.its beyond your understanding. Which isn't that difficult.

And what class is that? You have none. Just go away.

And what class is that? You have none. Just go away.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I will post pictures of class winning stickers dating back to 64!!!
BTW My car only has 7,700 ORIGINAL miles, a 1/4 mile at a time. LibTard!!

Not only that, but if I'm not mistaken, Mecum gets 10% from both the buyer and the seller. So 20% of the hammer price goes to them.

No, the buyer pays 10% OVER hammer, seller receives 90% UNDER hammer, so Mecum gets their 20% of hammer.

unless it's a no reserve car it's 6% to the seller
I can't remember what it was to the buyers end in fees
I think it was 6% too

don't quote me

Talk about derailing an interesting thread.......

Ironbuilt and Cojohnso1......You guys got some history together.......LOL

unless it's a no reserve car it's 6% to the seller
I can't remember what it was to the buyers end in fees
I think it was 6% too

don't quote me
I had my '69 Track Pak GTX consigned to Mecum Harrisburg last year, then Covid deep sixed the auction. My contract with Mecum, with a reserve, was seller's fee of 10% of hammer price. Buyer's fee would have been 10% of the hammer price, a bit more for internet and phone bidders. I also paid $750 up front for a "prime" position in the line up. Mecum staff couldn't have been more professional when the governor cancelled the event. I had my entry fee and title returned in less than 48 hours.

Auto Transport Service
Back