• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum 71 GTX

Mike67

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Watching Mecum and was shocked to see a 71 440/6pk GTX go through for $90k! Not trying to offend anyone but but I thought the 69/70s were better looking and only brought around $60k. I might have missed something as I had just changed the channel and the bidding had already started.
They ran another 71 Hemi 4spd Trip black that brought in $192k. They said there were only 11 Hemi 4 spds made, the trip black was a 1of 1 known to exist so I get that.

Last edited:
71 440/6pk GTX
I personally prefer the 71 over the 68-69.

5589679638_fdfc81a276_b.jpg

I like the '72's better. Nicer rear bumper and side marker lights. Looks cleaner than the '71's. JMO. Had a couple '72's way back when they were cheap used cars!

Watching Mecum and was shocked to see a 71 440/6pk GTX go through for $90k! Not trying to offend anyone but but I thought the 69/70s were better looking and only brought around $60k. I might have missed something as I had just changed the channel and the bidding had already started.
They ran another 71 Hemi 4spd Trip black that brought in $175k. They said there were only 11 Hemi 4 spds made, the trip black was a 1of 1 known to exist so I get that.
That car belonged to a friend of mine. He was very disappointed in the results on it. Of the 4 he sold he said total wise he broke even.

That car belonged to a friend of mine. He was very disappointed in the results on it. Of the 4 he sold he said total wise he broke even.
Did he say what he was expecting those to fetch?

Did he say what he was expecting those to fetch?
I think he was expecting 150-160 out of the GTX. It was said that the purple T/A Challenger saved the day, because it brought about 50K more than expected. The Challenger was his least favorite. The 71 6-pack RR and GTO sold as expected.

I think he was expecting 150-160 out of the GTX. It was said that the purple T/A Challenger saved the day, because it brought about 50K more than expected. The Challenger was his least favorite. The 71 6-pack RR and GTO sold as expected.
It sold for $192,000, how much of that does he get?

Interesting... There aren't many cars that really interest me after 70 so I don't follow the trends. The red GTX just shocked me at $90k. They were outstanding looking cars for what they were., just not my cup of tea so to speak.
Thanks Jerry!

Interesting... There aren't many cars that really interest me after 70 so I don't follow the trends. The red GTX just shocked me at $90k. They were outstanding looking cars for what they were., just not my cup of tea so to speak.
Thanks Jerry!
Actually me either, my addiction is 67 GTX's and Satellites. I had a 72 RR/GTX auto air grabber car that I couldn't get into so I sold it before restoration. Other than 66-67's, I collect just the ones that appeal to me, like the 68 A&B body Dodges, 62 Dodge, Superbird, etc.

has anyone heard or seen a Green 71 Hemi GTX come up for sale in the last six months?
17,000 actual miles

Auto Transport Service
Back