• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MECUM SOB'S

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
So I thought I missed #T153 69 A12 exactly like the one I purchased in 1969 right out of the shown room so I waited to see it for the second time.
They went to a boat load of repatusis commercials after running a **** load of mustangs and olds. they commentated on T152 and then came back to T154 went to commercial junk and skipped over T153 A12 RR

Last edited:
Frank Mecum said the Mopar wave was over ten years ago! But he will still take the huge commissions he gets selling them.

"...and then came"

???

A nice yellow 71 Citron yellow Challenger R/T was up on the block,and they cut away and did a long segment about a 70 Chevelle SS convertible, and when they went back to the auction, the Challenger was rolling off the screen!

"date coded" this, "reproduction that" ... I think I'd rather spend less money on a non-original car with a hemi.

Look at this ****

2364F80B-BE7B-4FCC-9E7E-098DFC4A465A.png

You can watch it online and there's no commercials.
So I thought I missed #T153 69 A12 exactly like the one I purchased in 1969 right out of the shown room so I waited to see it for the second time.
They went to a boat load of repatusis commercials after running a **** load of mustangs and olds. they commentated on T152 and then came back to T154

Just don't understand why Mopars are still the red headed step child of the automotive world. Is it because ChryCo was 'tiny' compared to GM and Ford and yet was giving them fits on the race tracks of America and on the auction block??

"date coded" this, "reproduction that" ... I think I'd rather spend less money on a non-original car with a hemi.
I'll be selling my non original Hemi Belvedere at Carlisle auction in the spring, end of April.
69 with 12K actual miles, show winner at Carlisle last year.
I would post pictures and such but the mods would bitch at me for not posting it in the for sale heading.

Just don't understand why Mopars are still the red headed step child of the automotive world. Is it because ChryCo was 'tiny' compared to GM and Ford and yet was giving them fits on the race tracks of America and on the auction block??
The Dodge boys were literally selling cars for 6 yrs and died. I think if that didn't happen they could have been bigger than ford.
Brand loyalty comes down to "Well me GranPappy was f*#ckin broke, so he drove ford's!! I love me some ford's!! "
Or something like that lol.

The Dodge boys were literally selling cars for 6 yrs and died. I think if that didn't happen they could have been bigger than ford.
Brand loyalty comes down to "Well me GranPappy was f*#ckin broke, so he drove ford's!! I love me some ford's!! "
Or something like that lol.
Had several Fords in the mid 70's....mostly Mudstains with a couple of Fastbacks thrown in. I drove the FB's mostly and flipped the coupes but one of the FB's broke stoooopid stuff while the other one never broke no matter how hard I tried. Thing is, never had a Mopar break stoooopid stuff and never really broke anything no matter how hard I tried. I sold my last Mustang around early 78 and never looked back.

The winged cars collection (a few of Tim Weldon's old cars in it too)
brought huge $$$
David Spade's Daytona Hemi he bought from Weldon for like $900k,
David Spade sold to the new guy, selling the collection today
a couple years back like 2016 (?) now sold for like $1.4 mill. + fees IIRC
$6 million + for the collection 12 winged (?) cars, mostly 440-4bbl, a couple Hemis
that Petty Blue Hemi Superbird was nice,
so was the Hemi Orange '999 code' Daytona 1 of 1 "alleged"

yesterdays
that 70 AAR 'cuda, Mulan Rouge (spell) survivor brought big $$$
like $370k IIRC, they were going for about $90k - $125k for a great car
just a lil' bit ago

among all the damn constant
Mustangs, midyear Corvettes & Chevelles
10% of the auction 400+ Vettes, I like Vettes don't get me wrong
I'd guess the same ratio of Gen 1 67-69 Z28/Camaros, I like them too
just not every 3rd car
& Chevelles especially the 70 SS454 LS6, I like them too, but