• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum

Here are a few interesting ones that sold this week in the "affordable" zone. I know, tastes vary. You will need to log into their website for more details and pictures.

Screenshot_20220115-115149~2.png
Screenshot_20220115-120902~2.png
Screenshot_20220115-120520~2.png
Screenshot_20220115-115430~2.png
Screenshot_20220115-120532~2.png
Screenshot_20220115-115207~2.png

===================================
Here's one for our resident Poncho fans:
Screenshot_20220115-121204~2.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are two for our resident Porsche fans:
Screenshot_20220115-121503~2.png
Screenshot_20220115-121531~3.png

I watched some of it the other day, scary.

Really? That much for that Hirohito Merc? These people are nuts, or the whole thing is a put-up.

I pointed out to my wife that a black '68 Hemi GTX went for $181,500. Before the auction she was okay with what I paid for my green one. Now she is thrilled.

I was amazed at the price. That car was absolutely beautiful but must be the highest price ever paid for a 68 GTX
I don’t think ours would bring that much but it’s nice to know the value has went up since we purchased it in October of 2019.

so .. the 71 440+6 convertible cuda (red one) was somewhere around 925K when it hit a wall. -- thats crazy stuff.

and the real kicker for me --- 1986 Wagoneer for 145K (restored). I had two them over the years - should have stuffed away in a garage LOL.

CRAZY money flying around ---- :)

link to a photo album I put up with auction/car pictures from FRI this week.
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1452plgjGzE02n

enjoy

Last edited:
Well auction prices have resumed their up hill march. The buyer deals I'm sure are off camera. But there comes a time that sell is just too favorable. I really like my street GTX. But can't ignore the price climb. I think it's official that 2nd Gen Charger is out of most reach.

Ok. I do not understand the Bronco craze? They sucked. Worse than Blazer. And they sucked. (Of course alot of vehicles sucked in the mid 70s to mid 80s.)

Ok. I do not understand the Bronco craze? They sucked. Worse than Blazer. And they sucked. (Of course alot of vehicles sucked in the mid 70s to mid 80s.)
Yeah, I saw old Bronco's going for the price of new ones. I don't get it.

Let’s git down to the nitty gritty! How many here know/ have done it,,, remove those old blasted fender skirts? With all that dirt/mud/salt coming down when you moved the lever!!! We will be counting.

The Bronco thing baffles me as well. Having grown up with 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s stuff on the street, I've been able to call some the the high price surprises, missed the boat on others. My dad bought one of the first Wagoneers built in 1964 (a fully loaded dealer demonstrator), and it was, bar none, the worst vehicle he ever owned. But it was a definite precursor of the SUV boom to follow years later, and was loaded with luxury features in a utilitarian design, something not seen in that era. I wasn't surprised when they appreciated significantly in future decades.

Two individuals in my personal universe are both totally into the Bronco thing. My next door neighbor, a PSU professor, who is a cybersecurity expert, is the first, been looking for a nice survivor for years. He already has a high end 1990s Porsche, not my thing, but I appreciate what it is, and his wife is a Hemi aficionado, she loves the Nash Bridges 'Cuda. The other guy is the horticulturist who maintains our trees. He found a rust free bare shell a couple years back, and paid a second generation Charger type price for it. Smart guy, with a successful business, and loves my GTX. No accounting for tastes.

I remember when many GTXs were rotted out trashy looking things in the 70s, and folks laughed at me when I said they would be valuable in the future. So I'm not going to throw stones from my glass house.

Auto Transport Service
Back