• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Member Rides

Hmmm...it says rides. Mine sits.

I'm almost ashamed to put mine on here, all of yours look so nice and done or mostly so. Use yer imagination.

It's coming along...my plans are to make it one of a kind. The look and stance to resemble the ROADKILL Road runner. I cut out the spare tire well so I could run the exhaust out through the 70 Road Runner rear bumper backup light holes. I have the 70 bumper in two pieces at the moment and have re bent the ends to match the Coronet. It needed to be longer by 3/4 of an inch too. I will have to rework the Coronet bumper mounts this week as well. I sectioned the lower outside corners of the aluminum tail pieces to curve in a bit more to match the curve of the 70 bumper. I trimmed 1/2 inch off of the bumpers top lip. I am mounting a vintage English Sunbeam Tiger flip top gas cap on the top surface of the left quarter. It will be frenched into the metal so it is level more or less with the surface. The fuel tank is under the package shelf in the trunk as is the battery. The stock gas cap has been shaved. The buckets are setting in the shell and they are leather 6 way power Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited front seats. There will be a "roadster" type panel from behind the seats and rollbar to the back window and will start out behind the seats with a 66 Sport fury rear seat plastic panel ( looks like wings). A panel will drop down from the middle of that to a center console of a as yet to determined type. If I can find a nice leather dash and door panels from a new car that I can make work I will install that. If not I don't know except to say it wont be 1967 variety. I have been sanding all of the paint off little by little. I have added openings to all of the fake side scoops and will have wire mesh, stainless inside to close out the openings. The tail lights are a 66 charger buckets and lens with two inch and a half spaces cut out for white lenses as back up lights. I will plastic weld the lenses together for a one off look. The letters on the lens will read "EXPRESS' instead of Charger. The trunk lid is cut at the bottom of the first downward curve and the rest of the lid is welded on for the lights. The latch is moved up to connect. I will make my own spring relocation perches out of 3/16 plate I have now. I have 20 Gauge sheetmetal for the trunk floor and the cab floor. The front bumper will be another modified 70 Runner one. I have a Bigblock 727 on the floor now. I have a 74 440 wedge steel crank to go in. The hood is a dual scoop tunnel ram air one off. The hood body lines have been erased. I have chrome rocker mouldings. I have a 150 MPH speedo cluster from a Hyundai Tiburon sports car. I have a 66 grill. The quarter letters will read " EXPRESS 540" instead of Coronet 500. The back of the center hood cowl will have a finish panel from another Road Runner with the turn signal indicators. I have a narrowed Ford 9 inch for the rear. I have tubbed the rear wells and have 15 full inches of space now for tires. I am looking at 29x15.00x 15 Mickey Thompsons on the back and 245 x 60 x15 on the front. Drum brakes all around for now 11 inch truck brakes out back and 10 inch Coronet up front. Master cylinder under dash. Wiper motor under dash. All engine compartment items hidden from view as much as possible. Custom one off engine covers. The front hood is set up to tilt forward on scissor hinges. The quarter tails are welded in place and will have the seams filled permanently. The car will be black with all chrome coated to look like black chrome. Windows will be limo black. So....that,s sort of the plan. I am plodding along and hope to get there by 2017 spring shows. I know it wont please everybody but it's my car and I like the plan.

hood frame ready for paint.jpgturn signal indicators Road Runner.jpgView attachment 275616my screen for the side scoops.jpgjag cap.jpgIMG_1183.jpgIMG_1181.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1153.jpgturn signal new home....jpg

I don't think I've updated any pics of my Charger since I finally got everything the way I want. Been spending the summer tinkering and think I'm finally happy. I've got it running so smooth now that I find myself doing 80+mph hour all the time and don't even realize it which is exactly what I was after. Here is the final ride height.

20150906_162916.jpg

20150906_162916.jpg

Love the Coronet ghostrider67!

Thanks! I switched gears recently and changed up to a 2001 Audi A-6 Allroad Quattro interior and dash. see my Yankee Express thread....

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service
Back