• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini starter install

Red63440

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had to add wire to their stock battery cable when installing a mini starter? I still have my original positive battery cable on my 1964 Plymouth Fury. It appears I need a little more length to connect it.

Is a hook that holds pos cable to inner fender? A little extra length to it might help?

Yeah, I had to get the wire stretcher out for my 67 big block. Unclipped it from the fender but made it too close to the exhaust manifold.

I tried that but it places the cable against the steering coupling. All I can think is to make up short cables to add to the original and shrink tube them.

Has anyone had to add wire to their stock battery cable when installing a mini starter? I still have my original positive battery cable on my 1964 Plymouth Fury. It appears I need a little more length to connect it.
Yep & grind the lug down to clear the block too
371C560F-1A3A-441C-90B4-D87C95E8DA68.jpeg

Would using the adapter terminals help any? It looks like they put the terminals close to the same position as with the original style starters.

IMG_0084.jpg

This is what came on my starter…

37D77FBF-B744-4420-984F-990DA67B00DE.jpeg

I'd run a new 0 gauge cable from the battery as needed. No old cables, splices, etc. Just asking for starting issues. New cables = low resistance = easier starting.

Auto Transport Service
Back