• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minnesota Gold

What seal did you use?

Getting closer

97EB9620-39AE-4C3A-BDD7-91A9A4395F0E.jpeg

Grill and surround, lights installed. That surround was a pain in the ***.

99526F69-E203-43D2-8AB9-B815F89D13E4.jpeg

yes, they are.

yes, they are.

......had to drill out the old bracket supports and make new bolts for them...using the old supports. Worked out real well. Lock washers on the backs of each. Getting the 10-24 nuts on there on all three, each side, was a pain in the ***, but held well......going to add a retaining nut as well as some Locktite to each later. I should have documented that part better, but if anyone needs to know how to do it and not wreck the aluminum....hit me up.

I believe that job caused me to buy a 10" 1/4 drive extension.

MN Gold has got herself a short. Well, the Tail fuse keeps blowing, and I've been chasing this under the dash all day. I think.....I may have to bite the bullet and go with the new M&H harness.

Tail or stop?

I've had a bad brake light switch keep popping the fuse.

I've also had a bad socket.

Tail or stop?

I've had a bad brake light switch keep popping the fuse.

I've also had a bad socket.

Its the Tail / Stop fuse. I pulled the rear light harness from the connection, and placed a new fuse in the block.....and connected the battery. It failed again. After working on it for a while....the harness is just too iffy for me....it did not fail until I jiggled it....then it went.

OK, then it's between the connection for the rear harness and the block.

Not familiar with M&H, but looks like a repro of the OEM.

For a minute there I thought it was like a "painless" or something.
They should be legally required to change their name.

Ok.....going to clean and inspect all the connections. Sponge bath on the ol harness. M&H does not make a harness for the options of this coronet. After pulling the headlight switch , it was roached out bad.....going to fix all that and buff everything connected. Failing that I’ll get a circuit tester.....

79F6E7EE-FD2A-405F-B1C2-D619E40E9BED.jpeg 33F91F52-4CE0-4386-B8B5-13D6965A4F05.jpeg

Wires are still very soft and pliable. No cuts or sectioning of the harness

I know how you operate. You'll find it.

IIRC headlight switches are the same all the way into the late 1980's.

Got a good Standard one. The old one was really bad....insulation was crumbling

Grill and surround, lights installed. That surround was a pain in the ***.

View attachment 1112357

Ok.....going to clean and inspect all the connections. Sponge bath on the ol harness. M&H does not make a harness for the options of this coronet. After pulling the headlight switch , it was roached out bad.....going to fix all that and buff everything connected. Failing that I’ll get a circuit tester.....

View attachment 1113089 View attachment 1113090
Probably 10 years now that I parted out a 67 (IIRC) Net and yeah, getting that grille surround off was a pita!! Made me think why was it done that way lol. The car was a rust free 4 door and straight as an arrow but someone had robbed a bunch of stuff off from the engine and the interior was supper dry and cracking. It had been sitting for a LOT of years and outside so it surprised me it wasn't rusty. It would have made a great daily driver but it wasn't going to be cheap to get it going so, it donated some sheet metal for my 66 Belvedere and kept the rear end and some small parts and sold the rest. And as far as wiring goes....I'm half color blind (shade blind they call it) and wiring kicks my *** so I stay away from it as much as possible.

All the dash harness and s clean and pliable. Got a tester coming next week

Geeze, this issue has really got me stumped. Got a new front and rear light harness.....still chasing a open ground issue. Pulled the whole harness out and cleaned it...no chews, rubs or issues.....got the ETC 2000 tester and just started playing with it......and as you can imagine....no magic bullet there.....

I really hate working on wiring......!

I’m beginning to. Got the dome lights to work, so that’s progress. I’m going to get everything connected properly this weekend, and try the tracer again

Auto Transport Service
Back