• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mira Sorvino

YY1

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
Hmm I knew there was a reason I liked her. Besides being hot and somewhat brainy, let alone more down to earth than most in her peer group, it appears she has good taste in cars.

There is a coraborating story elsewhere where she confirms she is the owner.

mira-sorvino-and-1966-dodge-coronet-gallery.jpg

Anyone remember a computer game called "Interstate '76"?

It was one of the first IP (internet) multiplayer shooter games, and IIRC, the very first game that you could leave and rejoin while the game was in progress.

Anyway, it was a Road Warrior type setting and featured many "close but not exact" 60's and 70's cars, with the main car in the game sequence being an orange 'Cuda.

...I was playing this in a LAN party circa 1997 and someone playing via the internet kept asking people what their name was and where they were from. This same person kept insisting they were Mira Sorvino. Of course no one took them seriously, but I did think it was a kind of obscure "star" name to pick for a hoax.

Now I have to re-evaluate that experience, knowing what I know about her personality and choice of transportation.

Last edited:
Ok... so where is the story? Can you post a link to it or are you keeping it all to yourself?

OK, not a car related article, just someone chronicleing a day in her life, where she mentions her "personal car".

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/21/style/a-night-out-with-mira-sorvino-student-of-the-hip-swish.html

Are you sure we're talking about the same game? I76 featured car mounted weapons, and you drove through the levels.

You had to scrounge the wreckage of the "enemy" cars you destroyed to get repair parts (and upgrades such as 15 vs 14 inch wheels) and better weapons.

There was a "Huggy Bear" type NPC (non-player character) that helped you out on the first several missions. He drove a suicide door Lincoln.

There was a great 70's style opening sequence that looked like a Quinn Martin/Starsky and Hutch/A Team thing, and the sound track featured AWB Pick Up The Pieces and the theme from Shaft.

They also did a great job rendering a highly Mopar influenced dash and gauge overlay.

On a trip through Texas via Oklahoma, I saw some pretty specific places that I could see influenced the virtual world level design in that game. Some were so simmilar I felt I had been there before.

Also mirrors on 66-67 are ahead of the A pillar, not even with the rear brace like 68-70. It could be there, just slightly out of frame. Consequently, you don't have to rotate your head as much to see the 66-67 mirrors.

Rear view Mira, anyone?

Yes. Same game. The server could be set up to only allow certain weapons... I'm pretty sure at least. I have had a few beers since then.

...coming back to me now...had to finish a few levels with just the pistol. Pain in the *** to aim it out the window and keep driving.

My secret was to have all forward 7.62, one turret 30 cal and one REAR firing rocket.

Load em up with dozens of rounds, ensure you were always hitting them with something, drive right past, and when they turned around, wham, rocket right in the already damaged face. Worked 90% of the time.

What do you think the odds are that I actually played against Mira Sorvino?

If we have the same taste in cars, we might have the same taste in games as well?

If I ever meet her, at least we have two things to talk about!

Just a bump and another pic without that nasty door (or sewater) in the way.

mira_sorvino_1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back