• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Father's Day/birthday party ends up in pet burial.

SteveSS

Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
My daughter had the day off from her vet hospital in Denver and she came down to the ranch to celebrate Father's Day and my mom's 93rd birthday. Mom asked Kylie to check on her big Maine Coon cat because it wasn't eating. She pulled the cat out from under the bed and said, "We've got to go to the vet hospital right now!" The cat was still breathing but that was about all. She suspected the cat had "thrown a clot" and was mostly paralyzed. I learned cats' blood clots go right to their spines. We got to the hospital in time but as Kylie suspected the cat was paralyzed and would never recover so it was decided to put him down right then and there to stop the pain he was most likely having.

We brought him home to bury on the ranch but it was thunderstorming as it has been doing every day since the first of May. We finally got a hole dug and bailed the water out after having to use the axe to cut a bunch of pine tree roots. I'm home and I'm muddy, wet, and cold. I just put on warm dry clothes, a hot bath comes later.

Not a great day but my daughter and my mom were both pretty strong. Just cried off and on. It was weird, later inside at the ranch the other cat came out and was enjoying being petted. I've never seen that cat act like that. She's usually very standoffish.

Last edited:
Sorry, rough day for sure... Hope nothing else happens to dampen your mom's birthday....

Your mom’s cat is watching over her. Sorry to hear of your mom‘s loss. Give her my condolences.

IMG_4891.jpeg

Not a great day
Sorry for the loss..I certainly understand how pets ARE family, although dogs are my main animal companions, I have felt the sorrow of losing the first mini pig I ever had that my wife brought home, and even some of my saltwater aquatic life (eel, Mini Moo the Cowfish, and seahorses).
later inside at the ranch the other cat came out and was enjoying being petted. I've never seen that cat act like that. She's usually very standoffish.
Maybe it didn't understand why you had to bury the other cat and was trying to be nice?

Well that just sucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back