• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing connections cigar lighter and ashtray light

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Per the attached pics my wiring harness has a three prong connection that, according to the wiring diagram, goes to the ashtray light. I see nothing on or near my ashtray to hook this to????

Also, on the cigar lighter, I assume there is some type elbow connector to hook to this (single red wire)? Any sources for that connector or an alternative? Lastly, anyone have the actual lighter for sale?

Note: Dash and interior is out of car - 69 Super Bee Rallye dash etc.

TIA

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0846.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

Car has to have the optional light package to have ashtray light. Back in the day everything was optional, although fairly cheap to get it on factory ordered car.

That plug you have with 3 holes is for expanding other lighting options. Lets say ash tray light, Clock light and a light for the AC switch control panel. That plug is not shown in the normal schematic. It is in this PDF file. Download this file and inside of it there are wiring diagrams for all mopars for 1968. But there are 2 PDF files in the bunch that show the orange 3 hole plug. Here is the link to download. https://www.mymopar.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/1968Wiring.zip

The ash tray below has the light option and you would plug that wire into your 3 hole plug. Not my picture but it came from this site. Bottom wiring schematic shows a red wire directly from the fuse. It will be a larger diameter red wire with a black 90 degree plug"I THINK".

Probably 10 Gauge. Red arrow bottom left is pointing to the cigarette lighter circuit.

adbb36d4-dbfb-4a0f-9f79-a3d72395fa77-jpeg.jpg

68CoronetA.JPG
68CoronetB.JPG

Last edited:
That plug you have with 3 holes is for expanding other lighting options. Lets say ash tray light, Clock light and a light for the AC switch control panel. That plug is not shown in the normal schematic. It is in this PDF file. Download this file and inside of it there are wiring diagrams for all mopars for 1968. But there are 2 PDF files in the bunch that show the orange 3 hole plug. Here is the link to download. https://www.mymopar.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/1968Wiring.zip

The ash tray below has the light option and you would plug that wire into your 3 hole plug. Not my picture but it came from this site. Bottom wiring schematic shows a red wire directly from the fuse. It will be a larger diameter red wire with a black 90 degree plug"I THINK".

Probably 10 Gauge. Red arrow bottom left is pointing to the cigarette lighter circuit.

View attachment 1484586

View attachment 1484590View attachment 1484591
Thanks much!

Someone just posted a for sale ad and happened to show the AC/Heat control panel. So here is that lighting plug.
img_4267-jpeg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back