• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model cars...do you build them? Then post up!

69bronzeT5

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody else here build model cars? If you do, then post your pics!!

Here are my B-body builds...
newpics007.jpg

NewPicturesfromcamera199683516.jpg

NewPicturesfromcamera19874.jpg

100_1624.jpg

100_1377.jpg

NewPicturesfromcamera003.jpg

PicsfromMomscomputer310.jpg

NewPicturesfromcamera19858.jpg

newpics025.jpg

101_3310.jpg

NewPicturesfromcamera19853.jpg

100_1622.jpg

newpics019.jpg

Here are my projects.....

'68 Roadrunner. It was painted in 2002 Dodge "Patriot Blue". I lost most of the parts from the kit so I will have to buy a donor kit.
IMG_0227.jpg

'69 Cuda rotter (yes I know, its an A-body). I completley changed the look of the build since this picture was taken. Its now 99% done. Its primer grey with a black front end.
fgmountwashinngton0052.jpg

'69 Daytona Charger. I've done alot of work on this in the past week, its almost done (no pics). The wheels are not going on the build, I was test fitting them for another Charger build.
mountwashinngton203.jpg

'69.5 Superbee. One of my first builds. Its over 7 years old. Parts fell off over the years. I have since put it back together.
IMG_0021.jpg

'70 Challenger T/A (I like E-bodies too). Not much to say about this one.
100_1699.jpg

'71 Charger R/T. Its now red with body coloured bumpers. I'm making it to look like a vintage Nascar.
newpics045.jpg

'71 GTX. I built this over a year ago. I wanted to do a quick build so I built this in 1.5 days. It was a poor build so last month I took it apart and its now in primer awaiting paint.
100_0733.jpg

Just thought I'd share 2 of my E-body builds...
NewPicturesfromcamera19885.jpg

100_1635.jpg

I don't have the patience but they are cool...I really like the distressed Charger with the broken back window and the other General car with the rumpled hood....

those are way cool.........i have a few still in boxes from about 20-30 years ago.........ill get to em rite after im done with my full size ones..........some day

hey "dractr", where did you get those 65's ? i want to get one and build it to look like mine ......

Are you guys using "rattle-can" or air-brush for the bodys? I always got the paint too thick and covered/filled the finer lines.

Man;I built those many years ago,and have had the urge to try again. Did a lot of contest cars back in the 1980's,then started building 1/43 for customers. After about 200 of those(yes,two hundred),I got burned out,with that,school,work and life itself. I'll have to pull a few out and get some pics.

Some nice work there,guys. Nice '65 Coronet;I know how rare that kit is-and you have TWO of them!

i also have a 1965 dodge cornet 500 convertible that is the nascar pacescar for the 1965 daytona 500 race. got it packed away but will dig it out and post pic.

air brush is the way to paint .just do several thin coats of color make sure the surface is free of any thing oily or dusty.

Last edited:
65 dodge cornet 500

polor lights plastic models is the manufacturer. good luck been out of stock since 2004. try ebay

this is my real 65 dodge cornet 500. its in rust free shape just needs paint. might paint it red like the model and have the black interior stay the same. it had a 413 wedge but it expired and i then put a 69 hp/440ci. six/pack motor with b&m 727 3800 stall converter with a 456 posi .just a mild street runner.
vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have a bunch of mopar models...They are still in the box...I figure they are worth more unopened...Used to build them as a kid...Maybe one day I,ll start again...Nice cars guys!!!!
Petty Blue 67 gTX

Auto Transport Service
Back