• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

keepat

Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I would share my modern Bullitt build hereas I have been checking out all the great gen III Hemi threads on your site.

I started the restoration of my 1968Dodge Charger with a plan to build a modern Bullitt. The outside of the carwill look like the movie car with exception to the wheels, tires and a lowerstances. I had set of one off 17” wheels custom made to match the look of thehubcaps use on the Bullitt Charger. This will allow larger brakes and widertires. This hubcap was made to look like a mag wheel originally and now I’mgoing to have a wheel made to look like a hubcap. The motor will be an Indy genIII 426 Hemi with a 6 speed manual trans. It will be mini tub and have RMSfront and rear suspension with 12.90 front wildwood and 12.19 rear wildwood brakes.
Here are few before, during, and to datepictures

blackcharger050.jpg

blackcharger027.jpg

blackcharger032.jpg

blackcharger030.jpg

Before

IMG_5572_zps342f37eb.jpg

IMG_5529_zpsb1c29714.jpg

IMG_5696_zpsa785d942.jpg

IMG_5822_zpscac14157.jpg

IMG_5840_zps61f0d51f.jpg

IMG_5704_zps35202624.jpg

The last picture is the front wheel on the back ofthe car as the 335 rear wheel don’t fit yet ;-)

Thanks
Pat

Very nice ride/plan and welcome.

Very nice. Like the wheels. You wont have to worry about losing all 9 wheel covers:blob1:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh crap. Just noticed you're from MD. What are your plans for the road wheels?

Very nice. Like the wheels. You wont have to worry about losing all 9 wheel covers:blob1:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh crap. Just noticed you're from MD. What are your plans for the road wheels?

I plan on selling the wheels and tires that came with the car but after I get it on the rotisserie
Thanks
Pat

Nice. I like the wheels made to look like the coolest hubcaps ever. Is it necessary to mini tub it? I have shoved 295 50 15's in the stock 69 Coronet similar but not exact wheel well. Car looks too nice to cut.

Nice. I like the wheels made to look like the coolest hubcaps ever. Is it necessary to mini tub it? I have shoved 295 50 15's in the stock 69 Coronet similar but not exact wheel well. Car looks too nice to cut.

To fit a 335 tire it will be necessary mini tub it. For the most part the car is in great shape except for the trunk which needs to be replaced and some small rust areas on both lower quarter panels which I have already repaired.
Thanks
Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. If they are 15's I would be interested

They are 15 inch wheels but they have some rust around the outer rim as the previous owner did not do a very good job of taking care of them. I will post some pictures and price them soon.

Thanks
Pat

Is the Black / Green the original color combo?

It was triple green 318 car originally. I tracked downthe original owner and he sent me pictures of the car when he bought it alongwith all the history, nice man!
Thanks
Pat

098850-R1-00-1.jpg

blackcharger062.jpg

098850-R1-01-2.jpg

If it had been Black / Green from the factory I would imagine it would have been pretty rare! Good luck with the build - dig the wheels too.

Gonna be a sweet car. Love the wheels you had made. Good luck with the project.

Received a few pictures of the motor Indy is building forthe charger. As soon as the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] FAST throttle body shows up I willdrive out for the Dyno and bring it home.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_2174_zps0064cf4a.jpg

IMG_2175_zps96e8ec11.jpg

IMG_2173_zps4b2f76bd.jpg

Looking good Pat, will be a cool pair with your son's Mustang. If you come close to your last Charger this one will be sweet.....

Auto Transport Service
Back