• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern seats

Sebring convertible seats in my ‘68. They currently have some very realistic looking black covers. This this 12 years ago.

In a related story, I’m going back to stock. Sort of. I got the legendary Rallye kit with bolsters in the original 68 pleated pattern. Ordered the kit march if ‘23 and finally received around new years. Going to upholstery shop late January.

IMG_1034.png

Looking at a number of these seat upgrades, I'm surprised how little concern here is given to having headrests on street driven cars, or any cars for that matter driven anywhere.
Whiplash can be fatal I am told.

Edit:
Hey member 70Chall440, how about manning up and stop hiding behind Red X, you got nearly a dozen replies on this thread, which I have yet to respond to, and you alone have given me 4? separate Red X's here without a single follow up comment. Are you shy, hurt, or afraid of me?
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I can take whatever you can dish out.

Last edited:
Looking at a number of these seat upgrades, I'm surprised how little concern here is given to having headrests on street driven cars, or any cars for that matter driven anywhere.
Whiplash can be fatal I am told.
And sometimes we drive over the speed limits too !!

Thanks for your concern. Now screw off and mind your own business.

So you are adept at driving a wheelchair with your lips you claim?
I think what he’s saying is many of these cars didn’t come with headrests and there’s 100 other things in a 50 year old car that can bite you in the ***. My 68 did not come with them but I am converting to the factory headrests… my motivation is I like the way they look.

I agree, but a hard rear end collision no fault of the driver can be a neck breaking outcome. That's got to be a big downer for the survivor and his family taking care of him.
I fully admit the odds of that outcome are not great, but the solution is so simple and obvious with any seat upgrade, and some people seem to react well to the prodding, and others do not, as proven here I believe with the "mind your business" remark. Regardless each to their own, It's not my neck. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back