• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monaco 500 Registry started

Red63440

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score

Attachments

• Left%20Side%20Monaco.JPG
    Left%20Side%20Monaco.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Good idea, I don't currently own one but, I like em', I will no doubt go over & check it out, when I get one...

Good luck with your endeavor Red, I like your Monaco and found that most of those in the junk yards I picked back in the day were usually pretty loaded. I had a 67 300 the same color as your 68 there but it didn't have the stainless trim at the bottom. We had a 68 New Yorker that my Dad added it to though. It was black with turquoise interior. I wish I had a picture of that one .... it was very sharp. Did you consider other C bodies like Sport Fury's, New Yorkers, 300s, Imperials (you have one right?), etc?

Good luck with your endeavor Red, I like your Monaco and found that most of those in the junk yards I picked back in the day were usually pretty loaded. I had a 67 300 the same color as your 68 there but it didn't have the stainless trim at the bottom. We had a 68 New Yorker that my Dad added it to though. It was black with turquoise interior. I wish I had a picture of that one .... it was very sharp. Did you consider other C bodies like Sport Fury's, New Yorkers, 300s, Imperials (you have one right?), etc?

Actually I don't own an Imperial....my garage is 18'6" so I was limited to what would fit. The original build numbers in 68 were 3400 for the Monaco 500 and the weight was about 3900#. The average survival rate for a car that old is 10% so you could be looking at only 340 cars left. The one I have is loaded and came optioned with the 383HP complete with the HP manifolds. The HP is 330 compared to 335 due to it having a little less cam but for a big car its really surprising when you mash on the gas pedal. The Monaco 500 was at the top of the heap in C-bodies 68 and was marketed as the "Executives Muscle car".

- - - Updated - - -

Good idea, I don't currently own one but, I like em', I will no doubt go over & check it out, when I get one...

Not trying to convert anyone but generally C-bodies are cheaper and for someone trying to get into the hobby it could be a make or break situation.

Attachments

• Monaco%20Engine.JPG
    Monaco%20Engine.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 3Eb3m83J55Ie5Gc5Fdccj25d60e2323f81a3b.jpg
    3Eb3m83J55Ie5Gc5Fdccj25d60e2323f81a3b.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Interior%20Monaco.JPG
    Interior%20Monaco.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 116
Thanks for the extra photo's. Your executive muscle is bitchin' man. I'm think of another members silver Imperial obviously.

Last edited:
:iamwithstupid: I love them old MoPar land yacht's, great lines, classy cars, especially the 64-70's, {even the 57-60's} Chryslers Dodges & Plymouths, I especially love the 70 Sport Fury, 68 Imperial & the 65 Monaco's... hell I like the Wagons too, spent most of my time involved with the Muscle Cars & Race Cars thou....

Attachments

• 70 Fury Advert. #3 Engine Specifications.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 70 Sport Fury GT & S-23 Advert. #1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 67 VIP Advert. #1.jpg
    67 VIP Advert. #1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 60 Plymouth Suburban Wagon Advert. #3.jpg
    60 Plymouth Suburban Wagon Advert. #3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 57 Plymouth it could be 1960 Plymouth Advert. #1 Style.jpg
    57 Plymouth it could be 1960 Plymouth Advert. #1 Style.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 114
Thanks for the extra photo's. Your executive muscle are is bitchin' man. I'm think of another members silver Imperial obviously.

You are thinking of Matts Imperial, very nice car.

- - - Updated - - -

:iamwithstupid: I love them old MoPar land yacht's, great lines, classy cars, especially the 64-70's, {even the 57-60's} Chryslers Dodges & Plymouths, I especially love the 70 Sport Fury, 68 Imperial & the 65 Monaco's... hell I like the Wagons too, spent most of my time involved with the Muscle Cars & Race Cars thou....

The built some really nice cars back in those days. Many of the Hemi cars had 15"-4 piston disk brakes in the front..same ones I have on my Monaco 500.

Auto Transport Service
Back