• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR engine paint?

The current Mancini turquoise is more like blue.

8D6ED6F2-4E19-45D0-A047-AE700F971A23.jpeg

i think it's close enough for my driver, my dodge dealer does not carry paint cans any more...this country is going to hell, god help us....

i think it's close enough for my driver, my dodge dealer does not carry paint cans any more...this country is going to hell, god help us....
The actual difference is like night and day. The first picture is the Mancini and the second is the turquoise from Bill Hirsch.

B2B379A8-37B4-4838-8101-C94D7C5ED403.jpeg 99B9852F-4180-4B6D-BDA5-5734DBEC19B6.jpeg

It looks like I might have to try mazzolini's paint. Spray can, but ten bucks a can less than the awful Mopar Performance stuff, that needs three cans to do an engine.
I will swing by his shop and get one can to see if the color looks right.

OER from Jeggs.. This is about as close to true color as you can capture... I can make it any shade you want, no flash, flash, double flash, auto, manual exposure. As bad as taking pictures of hemi orange... lol
1969dartcleanupweek16 113.JPG

100% Bill Hirsh. Brushed the engine & sprayed the valve covers & oil View attachment 1219896
What’s really odd is that the paint that I got from Hirsch’s is darker. I called and they sprayed a sample and said that it matches all of their prior samples but it doesn’t look anything like yours which I consider correct. The one picture is Hirsch’s sample and the other is one I sprayed.

6181CD81-FC84-4F14-94A9-C34F69285F51.jpeg

Last edited:
This is SP126 all of my bolt on parts are painted and ready to install.

RBTX7529.JPG

This was a different 383

IMG_2436 (1).JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2440 (1).JPG

Last edited:
What’s really odd is that the paint that I got from Hirsch’s is darker. I called and they sprayed a sample and said that it matches all of their prior samples but it doesn’t look anything like yours which I consider correct. The one picture is Hirsch’s sample and the other is one I sprayed.

View attachment 1242278

Looking for Mopar turquoise I understand that they started making it again January this year

VHT sixties Chrysler engine enamel is still available. I mix mu own and spray from a gun though. About ten times cheaper

I've got some paint made up. It's a single stage urethane paint , very durable .

I will post some pics when I pull the intake for paint.

I did also call the dealership. They are hoping to get some in June

So, as I understand it.... the Mopar paint turquoise is really corporate blue, and the blue is really turquoise?

Auto Transport Service
Back