• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR engine paint?

Canadian1968

Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
What is everyone using for engine paint these days. I can't seem to get the Mopar turquoise engine paint any more ? From Canada .

After Jeggs shipped mine, and saw the mess they were in, they changed their listing to USA shipping only about 5 minutes later! Get a US member here to order it for you and then reship discreetly in the mail...

VHT makes a great paint. Not sure if its available across the pond. Looks like its coming your way. http://vht-europe.eu/

Look for SP126. Very nice looking paint.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...1390079875149&utm_content=GSAPI+5d7f9fb86659c

vht-sp126_xl.jpg

IMG_3770.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure if its available across the pond.

he's in London, Ontario. Canada

Not sure if its available across the pond.

he's in London, Ontario. Canada
Ahh I figured London England lol. Does Amazon do Canada? I think you can find the SP126 on amazon.

I did my most recent engine in Turquoise spray cans from Mopar Performance. Not bad, not great, very expensive. Wouldn't use them again.
I still haven't found a good source for quality RACEhemi orange. The Mopar stuff is abysmal !

Nice paint and does a good job!

2F7BBDA4-9CCE-478C-A6F2-B3F2CA7FFF0D.jpeg

My problem is I have the block already painted from fews years ago with the MP paint. I am changing the look and want to paint the intake the same color as the block but can't seem to find the MP around here . So it's a colur match problem is the main issue here

The VHT does look like it could be a good match . At least from the picture at least

i had a local paint supplier mix up some single stage urethane to match a piece of original paint on one of my valley pan hold downs

call your Dodge dealer. Motor paint P4120752AC is still available in Canada, may take a few weeks to get it out of the USA. A buddy just finished painting a 1969 440 he rebuilt, the color looks great.
mopar paint.jpg

I just checked his website, " Bill Hirsch Engine paint" you can find it via
Google. He does have it in aerosols and quarts, Turquoise, Chrysler red, Street Hemi Orange. This paint is totally correct in all the reads I have seen. I believe he ships worldwide. 22.00 per aerosol can. I did not check the price on the quarts. Also Frank Badalson, did sell it also, but I don't know anymore. Hope this helps you!

my buddy just sent me this about getting VHT in Canada. He received this when he was checking on motor paint before he started his rebuild. This is from a VHT dealer in Canada

Unfortunately, it is a good VHT number SP126 but not something that can not be imported to Canada. It could be the hazardous labelling does not meet Canadian standards or certain paints use aerosols that are restricted in Canada. I cannot quickly verify which is the reason but either way I can not order it for you. VHT / Duplicolor only makes a select few part numbers for the Canadian market. You could try to buy it from a US source but I'm not sure if it would get turned around at the border. You could also try a Autobody Supply locally. They might be able to mix the colour and put it in an aerosol for you.

I just checked his website, " Bill Hirsch Engine paint" you can find it via
Google. He does have it in aerosols and quarts, Turquoise, Chrysler red, Street Hemi Orange. This paint is totally correct in all the reads I have seen. I believe he ships worldwide. 22.00 per aerosol can. I did not check the price on the quarts. Also Frank Badalson, did sell it also, but I don't know anymore. Hope this helps you!

This is the only engine paint I use. Easy to apply and very durable.

Motor Install.jpg

I second the VHT SP126. Good quality and good color match for a reasonable price.

Would you consider a road trip to Buffalo or Detroit? VHT is carried at most Autozone's in the US. Just call ahead to see if the color is there.

Of course border crossing is your call.
RGAZ

What is everyone using for engine paint these days. I can't seem to get the Mopar turquoise engine paint any more ? From Canada .
Are you in London? Try Tom Dinner in parts dept. at Leavens Chrysler. Used to be London City Chrysler on Dundas east out near the airport.

Auto Transport Service
Back