• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar newbee... Have I lost my mind?

Love it!! I had a pair of 71 roadrunners in the 80's. What I wouldn't do to turn that clock back. IMO the best of the RR/Satellite body styles. Best of luck and welcome aboard. :thumbsup:

Nice project. I had an RH23G1G until 1980. Great car, great times...in 1974 I added dual exhaust, a factory 340 dual plane intake & Holley carb (550?), and a hotter cam. B&M trick shift kit too.

Welcome....nice ride. Should be a bad *** ride when you're done

That 71 B Body is the creation of Chrysler Stylist and Visionary John Herlitz. He also designed the 70'Cuda. Agreed, you are pretty much out of your mind.

Yep, '71 was the first year for the more aerodynamic "fuselage" body style, contrasting quite a bit from earlier designs. Designed, as Dennis mentioned above, by John Herlitz. Some of it, i think at least in part due to the NASCAR success of the windswept Charger Daytona and Roadrunner Superbird just a year or so before. Sounds like a good idea you have for your Sassy Grass Satellite/Runner clone. Nice thing about it is alot of potential to do whatever you might want to do, or not do - mod or not mod. Not really stuck in an "originality" capsule, can make for fun and creativity. Cool.

welcome
nice lookin money pit you have there..

welcome! air grabber with grabber green is way cool, will turn lots of heads, extra loud exhaust or cutouts may be required.

Thanks all.
I look forward to meeting some of the members in the following years while I get to enjoy some fruit of the labor. I have a feeling I may get close & personal with some. I just want to get a few things out of the way before my build thread takes off...I have started one for this project. I know I'm not the first trying to bring back one of these great cars from this state of degress... I hope to learn a lot. I also hope to show others in the future what they may have to deal with. It's a big undertaking. I am excited about it just like many of you were. I didnt buy my car finished because I like the challenge. It will be a wonderful journey.
On to "me".
My name is John. I am 40 yrs old.
I had a stint in my 20's involving a lifestyle of drugs. Lots of drugs & alcohol as well. I got arrested & discraced everyone that cared about me. It hurt me to see my family in turmoil about my lifestyle. My folks are straight arrows & didn't raise me this way. I chose every decision I made & didn't think of them once while I was at it. I tried to get clean after getting out. Tried to regain pride I had lost. I was still using a little...drinking too. Was at a bar when a friend & I had an argument cuz I had his keys. I gave them back as I tried to follow him home. He crashed. Got thrown out in the rollover. Then got ran over by a passing car because he landed in the road. This all happened in front of me. I was 10 ft from him when he got killed. It was a gamechanger...
In the aftermath of heartache & guilt I was able to become sober. Still have a few beers at home every so often. Never drink & drive. Aint touched a drug since that night back in 04'
Got myself a decent job wich propelled me into a maintenance career. Ooh, and I found a wonderful, supportive wife.
I never had any children. I dont have an ex-wife(yet), and I make a very good living & my wife does as well.
Since we've been together I have always had projects. My wife calls them time killers. She knows I'm not at the bar or spending my $ on dope. She gets it...I love her to death...
Thats my "me" story. Many who have seen this project in person ask if I am crazy...
I dont think theres anything wrong with spending time & money on harmless things that make a person happy...
I may not be here if it weren't for the "me" time I had to clear my head on some of my projects...

Auto Transport Service
Back