• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Owners Beware of PST (Performance Suspension Technology)

inri

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
My one experience with PST has been horrible.

I am upgrading the drum brakes to disc in my 1969 roadrunner (Gen 3 Hemi w/whipple). When I removed the upper control arm on the passenger side, one of the upper cam bolts broke. I went online and found that PST sells them for $15 each. I ordered one cam lock on 4/2/2019 and it arrived yesterday 4/4/2019, along with my Summit racing order for polyurethane bushings etc.

The PST box was unopened and not damaged. When I opened the box it was filled with shredded paper. So much paper that some of it came out of the top of the box when I opened it. I moved my hand around in the box to find the cam lock...nothing. I then slowly removed all the shredded paper and placed it in my recyclable garbage can. Still no cam bolt. I took a picture of all the shredded paper in the garbage can and the empty box.

I called PST 4/4/2019 and got their afterhours voicemail so I wasn't able to leave a voicemail with anyone. I followed up with PST on 4/4/2019 with an email informing them of the above.
I called PST this morning and spoke to a customer service tech regarding the above.

The tech told me that the box weighed about 0.7lbs which is about the weight for the box to be. I told him that he was basically telling me that the bolt was in the box? I said that the box was empty except for the load of shredded paper inside. The customer service rep talked over me and wouldn't let me finish. He then cut me off and told me he was placing me on hold.

While on hold I went outside and into the recycle garbage can and picked up every shred of paper and put it in the box.

After 10 minutes on hold, the rep tells me that I was waiting for a cam bolt. I said that I'm not sure what I was waiting for, but I was interupted and cut off and placed on hold while attempting to tell the PST rep what I received, which was a box with tons of shredded paper and nothing else. I then said I have the upper cam bolt that didn't break and I am going to go to the post office and weight the box with paper as well as with the cam bolt in it.The rep told me they would send me out another cam bolt, very rudely as though this is my fault.

I asked for the reps name a few times but he wouldn't give it. I told him that I would let others know of my purchase and personal experience with PST. The rep told me that is "OK" and that they would blacklist me from future purchases and note my account.

I'm sorry this post is so long but I am frustrated with their rude customer service. Like most Mopar/Car enthusiasts, I only expect what I have purchased, nothing more and nothing less. I don't like being spoken down to, placed on hold rudely for 10 minutes for no reason, and have it insinuated that I am not being honest. I've spent more money ($15) at a Starbucks on a few drinks and got better service than from PST.

My advice would be to look elsewhere, even if the product costs a bit more.

As you'll see in the photos I took a photo of the box loaded with shredded paper. A photo of the shredded paper in the recyclable waste container and empty box. A photo of the empty recyclable waste container because I removed it all and placed it back in the box. A photo of my original cam bolt.
I'm going to take the box and bolt to the post office and report back with the weights.

20190404_161819_resized.jpg 20190405_072645_resized.jpg 20190405_072612_resized.jpg 20190405_072656_resized.jpg

I would also stay away from their "adjustable" strut rods.. One quick note some guy was (is) selling single post neutral safety switches for earlier b bodies '66,'67 for seventy bucks! That to me makes it discouraging working on classic cars, but I understand people need to make a profit, but ripping people off is a different story.

Last edited:
I’ve had the exact opposite experience with them, they’ve been great to me. they are a sponsor here and will surely rectify the situation. @PST

@PST

You may want to chat with your "rep". Any "rep" who is worth talking to would gladly provide their Company contact info.

"Blacklist"? Really? This "rep" may be needing some business etiquette coaching.......or a new job.

I think I will consider options after hearing this little story.

curious what is wrong with their adjustable strut rods?

Ok, you may have " one" horrible experience. I've had nothing but many "wonderful " experiences. That puts their batting average in the .900 range. Pretty good in my book. Sorry about your episode, but I have nothing but good experiences and their adjustable strut rods are a great product, as I installed them in my current car.

Sorry this happened. PST is my go to place for example for Bilsteins since Hotchkis no longer has them. IF this is accurate too bad one employee can hurt a good reputation. Has bothered me at work in the past, one nasty employee destroys customer service built for years.

When someone does that to me, I go to their Boss. Write the big guy
an e-mil if you can get it and report what happened. If he's any kind of
human being, he'll rectify the situation. If my employee did that to one
of my customers, I'd rip him a new asshole. Like the comment before,
one bad experience can ruin a lot of good ones. Don't get mad, get even!

I won't do PST either. They sent me the wrong hangars for my rear leaf springs.......twice..........I even emailed pics with the measurements of the originals.........so I went to a local shop and they got them from another manufacturer....:bananadance:same day.

sorry to hear about the bad experience
with an obviously shitty customer service employee

I haven't bought from PST in a while
but I had nothing but good experiences when I did
albeit it's been a few years (like 10)

contact PM/Conversation with the member here @PST
that **** needs to be known by management & fixed now
they can't get bad rep./rap, all because of one bad guy
even if he was 'just maybe, he was having a bad day'
he shouldn't be in customer service, with that kind of attitude
(if that's what happened)

I haven't purchased a lot from PST, however I did buy tubular upper control arms, c-body tie rod sleeves and a full polyurethane front end rebuild kit that I installed about 11 years ago. No squeaks, failures or any other issues. Your results may vary.

4/5/19 UPDATE

I went to my local post office and had the PST shipping box with shredded paper weighed and then I placed my upper cam bolt in the box and had it weighed.

As you will see the box with shredded paper weighs 11.50 Oz, which is very close to the RUDE representative's response that the package weighed 0.7 lbs which would be correct with the cam bolt was in it.

You will then notice that the photo with the upper cam bolt now in the box which weights 1 lb 3.0 oz. If my math is correct, this alone tells me that the upper cam bolt itself weighs approx 0.6 lbs, and therefore representative was lying or grossly uninformed regarding the box, shipping label, load of shredded paper and upper cam bolt should weigh 0.7 lbs.

I'm glad to hear many of you have had good experiences with this company, and hopefully you continue to do so. I wish PST would contact me, or even respond to my email from yesterday so that they can know how one of their customer service reps treats customers; Interrupts them, places them on hold for 10+ minutes for no reason, is completely indifferent about my call, won't provide their name to me after I requested it 5+ times, threatened to blacklist me from future purchases, etc. etc. I won't buy from PST again and I'm going to post my experience elsewhere.

PST if you are reading this - May I suggest that you hire the most qualified people for your customer service!
20190405_134824_resized.jpg
20190405_134809_resized.jpg
20190405_134812_resized.jpg
20190405_134824_resized.jpg

I have dealt with James from PST in the past and found him to be first rate. I have made a few purchases from them and nothing but great service and the correct parts ordered. Maybe contact PST and ask for him, if he is still with them.
They are a vendor here too so I am sure all of this can be straightened out quite easily by talking to the right people.

James runs the pst account here, he has been tagged and will take care of it for you, i guarantee it.

I haven't had any bad dealings with PST either......

Mate I've only had the opposite experience with PST. I stripped a cam bolt about 18 months after I bought it, and PST freighted me a replacement within a week, free of charge to Australia. Then a brake master cylinder leaking through the lid. Same thing, replaced free of charge (through their supplier Leed Brakes) including free postage to Oz. Not saying you didn't have a shitty experience, but they are usually excellent and I always recommend them.

You may have recourse if you paid with Paypal or credit /debit card. They should have sent you another bolt without the bullshit.

You may have recourse if you paid with Paypal or credit /debit card. They should have sent you another bolt without the bullshit.
And definitely not put you on their blacklist. That "rep" needs to be fired.

I'm waiting for a reply from James on this thread. I have bought from PST a few times with zero issues on their part. I once ordered the wrong rear springs for my Charger. They sent me a return form and the correct springs all on their shipping dime. Can't ask for any more than that.

Auto Transport Service
Back