• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Performance points to electronic distributor conversion kit.

chargervert

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Today I was going to do a points to electronic distributor conversion to my 71 Challenger convertible with a 383 engine. I opened the package with the wiring kit,it consists of the plug for the module box and five wires. Two of them go to the distributor with a two pronged plug,the other three are blue with a yellow tracer,black with a yellow tracer,and green. I haven't done one of these conversion kits in a few decades and there were no instructions in the kit. Anyone know what the three wires go to? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Pete.

Give me your email address in a PM and I'll send you a copy (it's a 10 page pdf):

ignition.png

If that's to long I'll go out and look on my bird at mine. Installed an MP kit back in 86 lol

Great community here that helps all of mopar wrencher and lovers out ✌️✌✌

Blue yellow power.
Black yellow - on coil.
Green red to one post of dual ballast
Not sure of position

Today I was going to do a points to electronic distributor conversion to my 71 Challenger convertible with a 383 engine. I opened the package with the wiring kit,it consists of the plug for the module box and five wires. Two of them go to the distributor with a two pronged plug,the other three are blue with a yellow tracer,black with a yellow tracer,and green. I haven't done one of these conversion kits in a few decades and there were no instructions in the kit. Anyone know what the three wires go to? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Pete.
Here's a copy of the original instructions from Direct Connection back in the day.....

Attachments

• Direct Connection Electronic Ignition Conversion Installation I.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
Newest most bestest latest but still the same thing version.......

Attachments

• Mopar Electronic Ignition System Instructions.pdf
    282.9 KB · Views: 121
Be sure you put the wire to ballast to the 12v side. I assumed the 12v side of ballast was the same as my 66. :BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back