• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars in Japan

306Doba

Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
I'd hate to think how much those cost to drive there.

You would have to be very wealthy to have that down there. I heard that they tax you hard if your car is over 100,000 kms. That's why they had those motors nd right hand drive cars coming into north America.

I was struck the first time I went to Japan and saw really nice late-model Japanese cars and SUVs selling for a fraction of what they sell for in the US. I assumed it was because they were made in Japan, but it turned out the taxes and registration costs on vehicles increase big time with age, and cars that are just three or four years old can quickly become too expensive to drive, so the folks there get rid of them. Seems odd until you realize they live on islands and there isn't much room for massive junkyards, or backyards full of older cars.

Yeah, I lived in Japan for 6 months in the 90's. Crazy place. Never saw a Mopar over there, myself. Yes, older cars are taxed to high heaven, so very few classics are on the roads.

The reactions the guys are having are the best part. Those guys would probably faint if they were at the nationals or carlisle.

Pay Your Respects at Japan’s Random Muscle-Car Graveyard
[video]http://jalopnik.com/5880153/pay-your-respects-at-japans-random-muscle+car-graveyard[/video]

Hey meep-meep they probably have v6 twin turbos in those mopars................

Auto Transport Service
Back