• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More questions.... always more questions......

md71631

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I have an a833 transmission... I noticed that the rear of the tranny is resting on the crossmember that supports it. Should there be a rubber bushing or something that cradles the tail end of the tranny? Mine is laying right on the crossmember which I think will lead to the transfer of vibrations to the whole car.... I have tried to look at pictures of other 64's but can't ever see what they are doing.... any and all help would be appreciated.... thanks.....

There's 3 mounts: left engine mount, right engine mount, trans mount. Year, model, engine, trans,. will dictate what mounts are required

I was told it is an A833 Hemi Transmission but not where it came out of. I suppose I need to track some numbers down on it to see what it is......

Does it look similar to this? You can't see the rubber mount because it's inside the crossmember. I don't know if 64 has those two little holes in the bottom of the crossmember but if it does you can probably stick you finger in there and feel it.

71.jpg

yes the rubber mount is in there after I got to where I could see it.... the gear vendors OD is adding length also...... we did get it up off the metal part of the crossover. The tunnel has been modified to fit all of this....... I hope we solved this part of the puzzle anyway..... thanks all for the help....

Auto Transport Service
Back