• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motivation?

Just set some attainable goals each week, or maybe for the day. Once you get started, you will be proud to have met your goal --even if it is a small one. Just having warmer weather and being able to open the garage doors while you work will help the motivation. Once in a while, just sit down and look at your car and imagine what it will be like...............................MO

When I need motivation I look at the list of parts that I made when I first started to work on the car. Out beside the parts is the amount of money I have spent on each part. I will re-add this list when I need motivation. It makes me think, if I don't finish this car then all that money is wasted. Plus I could not get my moneys worth back out of the car unless I finish it. Sometimes it makes me even add another part or two to the list. Its too far to turn back now I say.

sell your garage and buy a one stall garage. It forces you to work when the weather is nice since its outside, you have to finish what you start so you can't leave it outside, and gives you the winter off to get the itch going really bad by spring.

second thought, don't do that, I can't wait for real garage!

I find, if you have trouble looking for motivation, it's not the car you really want, I've built many cars and bikes, the ones I do to flip, I have motivational issues at times, but if I really have a love for the project, meaning love it in any condition, I never have a problem working on it, sometimes I look for reasons to do something, kind of like women, you'll know the right one.

edit;
in fact, read the first paragraph in post #14 of this thread
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?69609-70-SB-needs-major-spa-treatment-to-bring-her-beauty-back

What works for me some time is to spend some money. Is there a part your missing and must be purchased? Does that new part have to be installed on a surface that must be cleaned/restored? Order the part! I know money can be an issue some time. It definettely is for me right now. Even if I had money I rarely buy anything for myself. If I do decide to reward myself I'll buy a part for the Charger. For some reason opening a new box that just arrived in the mail has a way of kick-starting my motivation.

I really hope you get through it Cairo .. go do something to it, however small, wipe off some dust, try to touch it once a day if only to move something in the garage that needs put back in its place or spray some pb blaster on a bolt you need to remove and let it sit.

Maybe you are getting stressed because it's a big job seems insurmountable or like it'll never be done. Try to break it into little bits and not make it turn into WORK :)

Also try getting and posting up some pictures of what it will look like when completed even if it's parts of different cars that you like. Picture of a car with wheels you want, picture of the way you want to do the engine bay, suspension, interior, paint color etc.

Hope you hang in brother .. we're here for you

sell your garage and buy a one stall garage. It forces you to work when the weather is nice since its outside, you have to finish what you start so you can't leave it outside, and gives you the winter off to get the itch going really bad by spring.

Second thought, don't do that, i can't wait for real garage!

lmao

Auto Transport Service
Back