• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor and trans are done!!

64sleeper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while cause there really wasn't much to say lol. But things are starting to move along. A lot of parts are either ordered or already delivered... Full TTI exhaust, Aeromotive tank and in the tank pump, etc. It was big for me getting the motor and trans done. Still a long way to go but we're getting there.

400/499 TF 240's, hydraulic roller, 11:1, holley EFI
20211109_130944.jpg
with CNP 20211109_131009.jpg

Awesome.... is it just the camera or is the water pump housing a different color than block and intake ?

Awesome.... is it just the camera or is the water pump housing a different color than block and intake ?
No it's not the camera, you're right lol. Long story short, I brushed the block, pan, tc cover, and wp housing with por 15, and used Bill Hirsch rattle can on heads and intake. The heads and intake probably would've matched better if I used grey primer instead of black. But oh well lesson learned. Side note... I will never brush a motor again. I don't care how good the color is lol.

Nice accomplishment! Feels good to check things off the list. 440'

[QUOTE I will never brush a motor again. I don't care how good the color is lol.[/QUOTE]

Very nice looking.

Me, I find it relaxing. With a Purdy 1 1/2 inch, tapered sash brush, I don't have to mask. Load up the brush with Hirsch paint, give it a slight twist to get a leading edge, and cut in the line you want. Keep a lot of paint in the brush and you can make good time. Can scrub it in with a brush too.

I take it you are running a coil on plug setup since I see a cam sensor in place of a dist ? Ron

Seen a guy in Md where I live with a setup like your running. He had the 4 coils mounted on the valve covers with brackets he made. If you dont mind me asking since you said its a Holley EFI is it a Holley Controller to work the 8 coil setup ? Thanks for the info and good luck with it as it is looking real good. Ron

Yes it all runs through the efi, cam sync, and crank trigger. No need for an ignition box. I'm in SJ about an hour from Cecil. Hopefully we'll run into each other at Atco or Cecil one of these days. I'd love to check out your car in person. I've gotten a lot of great info from you searching past forums. Thanks, Walt

Yes it all runs through the efi, cam sync, and crank trigger. No need for an ignition box. I'm in SJ about an hour from Cecil. Hopefully we'll run into each other at Atco or Cecil one of these days. I'd love to check out your car in person. I've gotten a lot of great info from you searching past forums. Thanks, Walt

Wow thats cool we are that close to each other. Let me know if you ever go to Cecil as I like to race there because my brother only lives a few miles from Cecil. And since I drive my car to the track if it would break I could tow it to his house. But my brother races at Atco sometimes in their NSS race so I could go to Atco with him. I would love to see your car when done and so would my son since we have the Holley Sniper on his Drt and we are supercharging it. Take care , Ron

Wow thats cool we are that close to each other. Let me know if you ever go to Cecil as I like to race there because my brother only lives a few miles from Cecil. And since I drive my car to the track if it would break I could tow it to his house. But my brother races at Atco sometimes in their NSS race so I could go to Atco with him. I would love to see your car when done and so would my son since we have the Holley Sniper on his Drt and we are supercharging it. Take care , Ron

I'll definitely let you know when I get it running and go to make some passes!! Love your car and your son's build sounds badass!! What kind of supercharger?

I'll definitely let you know when I get it running and go to make some passes!! Love your car and your son's build sounds badass!! What kind of supercharger?

Its a Pro Charger and we hope to have it done this summer. Thanks for the kind words and I feel the same about your car as it looks awesome and your work looks top notch. Thanks , Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back