• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD Billet Distributor: HEI or Plug Caps

jayfire

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
I have a MSD #8536 distributor in my hemi GTX. It uses the plug type wire ends and not HEI. All the new ones I see for sale have the male HEI ends. Can I just swap out the rotor and cap to HEI and use HEI spark plug wires? I have this distributor with a 7al-2 ignition box and MSD #8981 Programmable Timing Computer. I am putting the new Holley Sniper unit on it soon, and want to control timing, so if the new Hyperspark distributor fits with Stage V heads and 6-71 blower, then I will swap all the MSD stuff out for the Sniper compatible stuff. I have a new set of customizable spark plug wires coming and can put either ends on. I like the HEI better than cap style. Thanks

Yes you can swap the cap. I used these wires from Mancini Racing and they fit great and the quality seems very good.
MRE72670B-HEI

Yes you can swap the cap. I used these wires from Mancini Racing and they fit great and the quality seems very good.
MRE72670B-HEI
Thanks. I will look into replacing my cap and rotor. I just sent my those wires back to Mancini’s due to they were not long enough. I had 3 wires that were not even close to fitting. No problem with returning them though.

Thanks. I will look into replacing my cap and rotor. I just sent my those wires back to Mancini’s due to they were not long enough. I had 3 wires that were not even close to fitting. No problem with returning them though.
What do you have that those wires would not fit? Mine were perfect.

100_1900.JPG 100_1903.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back