• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD blaster coil install

hpg4815

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 69 440 engine with ready to run distributor and a msd blaster coil. I have no power to the coil? Can anyone tell me how to do that? I removed the balister and the regulator because it is no longer needed with the ready to run. I think I need 12 v during key on and crank to the positive. And Ground to the block from negative?

Last edited:
Hi, I have a 69 440 engine with ready to run distributor and a msd blaster coil. I have no power to the coil? Can anyone tell me how to do that? I removed the balister and the regulator because it is no longer needed with the ready to run. I think I need 12 v during key on and crank to the positive. And Ground to the block from negative?
You jumped the ballast resistor wires together, correct? You still need the voltage regulator.

I used one of the balister wires for power during crank and have a painless performance aux fuse box where I get ignition hot power. Also I forgot to mention I up grade the alternator which has a built in voltage regulator

Auto Transport Service
Back