• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Music that puts a lump in your throat.

Crowded House “Don’t Dream it’s Over”
Luba “Every Time I see Your Picture I Cry” she’s not well known outside of Canada but she can really sing. Saw her and Cris DeBurg in the ‘80’s. Great show.
Eric Burdon and The Animals “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”
My wife can really sing. Like really sing. She is legendary (locally) for her “Amazing Grace”

Closing song for my Daughter's memorial. Song that her and her friends always requested as last song before leaving a bar in Toronto, all of them being small town girls.

Elvis my pups name sake
Elvis & Bubba 8-6-2015 9 weeks #2.JPG

'The King' back in 1968

The Alto Sax on this is incredible. Supposedly the highest note ever hit was in this song.

Several have already mentioned “Amazing Grace” I agree- a truly beautiful and profound score.
Some on the site are Christians - some are not. But there are some really, really great contemporary Christian music artists out there and many songs that are just spine tingling scores….

This is one of his other songs. Has a few curse words so keep it low if listening in a family settings..

This one will give you a lump in your throat
for a far different reason :eek:
You can't unsee :rolleyes: or un-hear it...

for all the wrong reasons
Dueling Banjos, in movie Deliverance

This one will give you a lump in your throat
for a far different reason :eek:
You can't unsee :rolleyes: or un-hear it...
fro all the wrong reasons

That one will give you a pain in the *** too...

these songs remind me of my Uncles
& the total **** they had to endure when coming home
by ungrateful Hippies movement

some of it just Pisses me off

Amazing Grace
Me too....it was my favourite Grandmother's name.....she was like a mother to me for the 14 years she was with me.

...and this one by Helen Reddy. It was played at the funeral of a friend's wife....she was only 32, and left behind a daughter. It actually brought tears to my eyes as it was played at the service - must be 10 years ago now. The photo montage playing wrenched on most people attending.

:(

The two songs that pull at me are "Last Kiss" and "Wildfire" but the two that get the volume cranked up are "Convoy" and "Walkin on Sunshine"

WOW! Great picks, Johnny Nash I can see clearly now, is supposed to be played when and if there is a wake for me. Family has known it for years. Coincidently my cousin 10 years older than me had asked to have it played at her funeral 3 years ago. She grew up with 50’s music mainly as a teenager.

Auto Transport Service
Back