• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Music that puts a lump in your throat.

I served in the US submarine service and we never had the songs and recognition that other branches had... but that's OK since we were known as the 'silent service' and that's how it should be. Much kudos to the Special Forces, Airedales, Coasties and the Marines/Grunts as they carried the load and those that continue to carry it into the future - may God watch over all that go in Harm's Way.

Chuck (snook)

I'm a Scot, as is my wife. She and I both tear up when the bagpipes wail. The Scottish Games at Grandfather Mountain were great but trying. So much emotion, for so many days. As I stood for the Clan Douglas and shouted, " The Douglas' are HERE!" at the Gathering bonfire it was one of the greatest moments of my life. The whole event, all of the music and singing was just perfect. Any pipe performance chokes me up.

Louie Armstrong's " It's a Wonderful World" is a National Treasure.

I think of our youngest daughter...born four months premature, with less than a 10% chance to survive the birth, was facing a long list of serious health issues, nearly lost her two days later, now 28 and perfectly healthy, watching my wife being loaded into a Life Flight chopper with a 99.9% blockage of her main heart artery.....

Cats in the cradle was Harry Chapin, God rest his soul.
Man, A real trip back to a man I didn't think anyone would remember. Remember this one!

Song that caught me years ago while driving to my now departed folks for Christmas Eve came on the radio. Had never heard it before despite it having been released for a while. Christmas tune by Pat Benatar nicely composed.

For anyone with a young girl or one of them other things.

‘ God Bless America’ , Kate Smith
Marine Corps Hymn

I'm a huge Harry fan, have all his albums. A REAL humanitarian! I saw him in concert from the third row at the Greek Theater.
A story teller, to me like Cat Stevens. I was introduced to Cat Stevens music when I was 15. I listened to the song Father and son everyday for years. It's wasn't till my son passed away and the day of his funeral I heard that song, that very day, that I felt it was a premonition from years earlier of the son I didn't have then, telling me of my his death. He and I had these same talks about life and I never put it together. I know it sounds crazy, but it hit me hard. I wrote a book about it and the struggles of that time in my life. The song still scares me to this day.

Auto Transport Service
Back